Stress-induced greying is reversible, researchers find

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know folks here are interested in greying, as well, so here's an article discussing a recent study on the topic.

The researchers analyzed individual hairs from 14 volunteers. The results were compared with each volunteer's stress diary, in which individuals were asked to review their calendars and rate each week's level of stress.

The investigators immediately noticed that some gray hairs naturally regain their original color, which had never been quantitatively documented, Picard says.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do they research on this? hair-privileged can just color their hair. they need put all the money into research that matters ffs

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do they research on this? hair-privileged can just color their hair. they need put all the money into research that matters ffs

As soon as we get a better baldness treatment, graying reversal is the next thing you'll want.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! I went almost completely gray during a more stressful period in my life. Now that things have stabilised, my hair is almost back to normal.

I believe L'Oréal recently patented an oral treatment for gray hair.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is there still nothing to stop or reverse grey hair?

There is! But it's more profitable to keep selling **** lotions and coloring products. That's probably why L'Oréal's pill will never see the light of day.

Reactions: Ghc

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Graying is due to stem cell exhaustion due to different types of stresses, balding is probably partially due to stem cell exhaustion due to different types of stresses...
Also if you want people to focus on something pay them. Just don't get pissed if they find the solution to related problems on the way.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Graying is due to stem cell exhaustion due to different types of stresses, balding is probably partially due to stem cell exhaustion due to different types of stresses...
Also if you want people to focus on something pay them. Just don't get pissed if they find the solution to related problems on the way.
it is what it is

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
'The mitochondria connection between stress and hair color differs from that discovered in a recent study of mice, which found that stress-induced graying was caused by an irreversible loss of stem cells in the hair follicle.

"Our data show that graying is reversible in people, which implicates a different mechanism," says co-author Ralf Paus, PhD, professor of dermatology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. "Mice have very different hair follicle biology, and this may be an instance where findings in mice don't translate well to people."'

I wish people wouldn't use grey and white hair interchangeably.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
'The mitochondria connection between stress and hair color differs from that discovered in a recent study of mice, which found that stress-induced graying was caused by an irreversible loss of stem cells in the hair follicle.

"Our data show that graying is reversible in people, which implicates a different mechanism," says co-author Ralf Paus, PhD, professor of dermatology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. "Mice have very different hair follicle biology, and this may be an instance where findings in mice don't translate well to people."'

I wish people wouldn't use grey and white hair interchangeably.
Gray = little color, white = zero color. Same thing just a matter of degree imo.

Given how short-lived mice are compared to humans it might be reasonable to speculate mice with a few active stem cells have no chance of recovery while in otherwise healthy humans there's a chance?