Strange Fue Question, Help Needed On Hairline

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I have a strange question i guess. Basically i have been using minoxidil with really good results. Lots of coverage, even on the hairline!

Only downside is the itching!

I want to sort my hairline out fully and want an fue procedure. The issue is that i have healthy hair still on my hairline and some that minoxidil has bought back. Would it be possible (or wise!) to do a full new hairline and remove my current healthy hair for new hair?

I know my hairline will thin a fair bit without minoxidil and my 'healthy hair' wont last much longer anyway. So i was thinking i get a hair transplant with micro needle FUE and do a centimeter in to my current hairline and below and around my temples. That way i dont have to wait for my hair to fall out to replace it! It will give me a full hairline and frame my face. I can contontinue with the minoxidil around the rest of the head.

Does that make sense?

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would look for a minioxdil product that uses a carrier that does not cause skin issues or at least try that first.

Most of those experiencing hairloss only have about 5000 fu grafts available long term which will cover a 5” square at 50% density and be reduced for many to a 4” square of 50% density as some of that donor too is susceptible to DHT. So if you cut out a square then starting cutting out strips the size of which you would use for the hairline you would get a better feel for using up the donor which you might need down the line as it doesn’t cover much.

Even though you might lose hair in the hairline over time the current density could very well be superior to what a hair transplant can achieve. You might be trading out higher density thinner caliber hairs which look completely natural for thicker caliber lower density ones which can sometimes look odd depending on many of the variables.