Stopping the irritation in Rogaine

shizzle69

Reaction score
I remember reading about a way to stop Rogaine from irritating your scalp by substituting the “propylene glycolâ€￾ found in Rogaine at your pharmacy. If anyone know anything it would be helpful.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need a PPG free formula if you suspect it is the PPG.

Usuing a Copper Peptide routinely in the beginning really helped my itching, also using Nizoral 1% 1x weekly.

shizzle69

Reaction score
Is there anything other than the propylene glycol that would make my scalp itch?
Either way would i use "Copper Peptide" along with rogaine? or is it possible to have my pharmicist leave out the PPG?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shizzle69 said:
Is there anything other than the propylene glycol that would make my scalp itch?
Either way would i use "Copper Peptide" along with rogaine? or is it possible to have my pharmicist leave out the PPG?
Where are you from? Dr. Lee has a PPG free formula available. You would apply the CP at another time in the day.

shizzle69

Reaction score
So there is nothing else that would cause itching in Rogaine other than the propylene glycol right?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shizzle69 said:
So there is nothing else that would cause itching in Rogaine other than the propylene glycol right?
Sure, maybe your skin is sensitive to Minoxidil. Perhaps your scalp is being dried out to much from the alcohol.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My scalp rebelled horribly after the first week's treatment of minoxidil. Then, miraculously (or not) the problem was gone after another week.

shizzle69

Reaction score
intresting, my scalp didn't itch till i got like 2 months in two it, now it feels like it was burning, but i really didn't want to becauce my hair got back thicker and was more fuller :hairy:

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
for me its really reverse effect, stanley's minoxidil stopped all my irritition and itching where applied

shizzle69

Reaction score
are you sure cutting down on sex help's... from what i understand most people want more hair to be more attractive to females which would lead to more sex..