Stopped Minoxidil in a Free Androgenetic Alopecia zone but something weird happened

Will I get the crown back?

• Yes

• No

• Only by getting back on Minoxidil even though there isn't Androgenetic Alopecia there

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snakehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to get some input on my story. Nine months ago I noticed I had Androgenetic Alopecia at the hairline and started with finasteride and minoxidil, but minoxidil I would apply it on the whole upper scalp, including the crown, which eventually I learnt from a Doctor that wasn't undergoing Androgenetic Alopecia. So I stopped using minoxidil at the crown after 3 weeks of use exactly.

The thing is, after nine months I have still not regrow what I shed on the crown. Any thoughts on this? Remember it is a zone that does not suffer, as of today, any hair disorder. I would love your input.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to get some input on my story. Nine months ago I noticed I had Androgenetic Alopecia at the hairline and started with finasteride and minoxidil, but minoxidil I would apply it on the whole upper scalp, including the crown, which eventually I learnt from a Doctor that wasn't undergoing Androgenetic Alopecia. So I stopped using minoxidil at the crown after 3 weeks of use exactly.

The thing is, after nine months I have still not regrow what I shed on the crown. Any thoughts on this? Remember it is a zone that does not suffer, as of today, any hair disorder. I would love your input.
Androgenic alopecia not in the crown? Male pattern baldness affects the crown too. Maybe minoxidil was giving the impression to your doctor that you weren’t balding there but once you’ve removed the preventative measure for a bit, you lost those hairs. But you only stopped for 3 weeks right? Strange that it would cause any visible effect for such a short time

Snakehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenic alopecia not in the crown? Male pattern baldness affects the crown too. Maybe minoxidil was giving the impression to your doctor that you weren’t balding there but once you’ve removed the preventative measure for a bit, you lost those hairs. But you only stopped for 3 weeks right? Strange that it would cause any visible effect for such a short time
Hey Selb, what I wanted to say is that my Androgenic Alopecia hasn't reached the crown yet, as you may know, crown often times starts suffering miniaturization later on than the hairline. So I used minoxidil only for 3 weeks in the crown, still using it in the hair line and midscalp. But those 3 weeks of use were enough to get the shed, which hasn't recovered yet.