Still worried still shedding!

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Ive been on Spectral DNC 4 weeks now and ive been shedding for over a week now!! short hairs thin hairs fat hairs you name it! all have bulbs at the end though! the ones left in my head have darker ends at the route im blonde they look virtualy black! so is this soemthing to worry about because I AM!! washed my hair this morning and I had bout 10-20 come out. is it likely to stop soon? because ill end up in theripy at this rate lol!

Carl :freaked2: :freaked2: :freaked2:

Established Member
Reaction score
mate that's not shedding at all.....

I'm losing at least 350-500 hairs a day over the past 2 weeks with my current shed. I know as I counted a small proportion remaining in the bottom of the bath (after I pulled the plug) and gave up after about 200.

My hair has literally gone from norwood 3 to 4 in this time (without the bald patch on the back of the head).

I'd so happy if I was only losing 10-20 hairs each wash - I get this many and more every time I run my hand through my hair when it's wet! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Behmesh -

yes I'm on some treatments - go on an off. Have success then run out of cash or just run out of product.
This time round (last two months) have really tried to be diligent and am having this major shed - when this has not ever REALLY happened before.
Never really stopped minoxidil just only applied it once a day instead of twice and then missed a day here and there.

More recently I've been using the following:

Revivogen Morning
minoxidil 15% morn
Tricomin morn 5 sprays

minoxidil 5% night
Reviv night
tric night

internals having flax lignans, flaxeed oil, green tea, lysine, zinc and cod liver oil.
Stopped finasteride due to sides previously after being on for 4 months.
Quit this 3-4 months ago and had an initial quitting shed which ceased.

Might be revivo as I just found out I'm only to apply it once a day whereas I've been using about 1.5mls twice a day to get decent coverage of areas.
Was thinking of also dropping the minoxidil back to 5% just twice a day for a bit as maybe the head can't take the higher concerntration right now (never hada problem before)

Have dutasteride and proxiphen on the way in the mail..... which I was going to change my routine to.

See deterioration in last two weeks
before: http://i11.tinypic.com/495wp79.jpg
after: http://i11.tinypic.com/2qs2syv.jpg

not cool!!!! mates have asked what happened last week - i.e. your hairs gone from normal to terrible in F all.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
what in the hell is Spectral DNC

it's pretty much minoxidil. well, that's the only ingredient i recognise that's proved to help hair loss. also contains other stuff in it too, which may or may not be beneficial to hair.

it's a topical.

10-20 hairs. i get sad when i see those too, but i know it's normal. i know you probably find yourself wishing to see no hairs, but you're suffering from male pattern baldness, you'll lose a few hairs a day, especially in the shower, it's normal. 10-20 is nothing though.

edit: i read your other post. 100-200 is not normal. especially if you can count 100-200. just keep with the minoxidil or change meds if you're sure minoxidil ain't working. but be warned, stopping minoxidil may induce further shedding.