Stem cells from fat (Kerastem)

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
They take fat from your belly and inject it into your scalp.

I'm no expert but this is basically how it works, it's not a hair transplant and I have a good feeling about this.

I know there are several clinics and companies that are already offering this new treatment and I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Any details on this treament and the clinics that are already doing it around the world are more than welcome.

KERASTEM (US, Japan, Spain)

http://kerastem.com

BELPRIME (Serbia)

http://belprimeclinic.com/en/

Their official website doesn't mention it but it seems these guys are already doing it.

DR. YATES, MD (Chicago)

http://dryateshairscience.com/stem-cell-treatment-center/

NE HAIR

http://www.nehair.com/stem-cells

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump.

I'd be interested to see if anyone on here has done this as well.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, is it the same like with botox? U'll have to "renew" your fat reserves in the scalp every year/2/3.. (?) or what?

logikmtr

Reaction score
This is something I've been wondering about for a while now. I live right near the NE Hair restoration clinic, and they've featured videos of their stem cell based treatment for years now, but I can't find any information if anyone has ever had this done. Either it is prohibitively expensive, or it doesn't work... right?

- - - Updated - - -

I did find this, but it's more hand-waving...

http://www.regenerismedical.com/blog/potential-stem-cell-generated-hair-growth-published-in-scientific-journal/

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe another forum member in a different thread said he's been in touch with them and has a consultation at the end of this month.

I requested he ask for pictures from them and report back to us. I'm not sure if this is different from Kerastem's treatment - they sound similar but Kerastem says their is something about their treatment that is proprietary (then again that could just be them hyping themselves up).

If NE Hair had legit pictures that proved their treatment worked I'd probably be there tomorrow, but they don't have any before/after pictures on their website showing the results of this treatment alone which feels a little fishy to me.

JustAnotherNoob

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe another forum member in a different thread said he's been in touch with them and has a consultation at the end of this month.

I requested he ask for pictures from them and report back to us. I'm not sure if this is different from Kerastem's treatment - they sound similar but Kerastem says their is something about their treatment that is proprietary (then again that could just be them hyping themselves up).

If NE Hair had legit pictures that proved their treatment worked I'd probably be there tomorrow, but they don't have any before/after pictures on their website showing the results of this treatment alone which feels a little fishy to me.

That's me and yes they said it was identical to Kerastem (using the proprietary Cytori machine built in San Diego). I'm waiting for a response to figure out which day we can do our consultation, so hopefully by the end of the month. The dr that referred me to this clinic is the one who is working on Kerastem clinical trials here in US, I reached out to them to see if I could do the clinical trials and I qualify but the nearest city they offer it is a few hours away and it would be really inconvenient for me to make that drive 9 times with a 25% chance I get placebo and only injecting it in a 40cm^2 area -- not worth it for me, i'd rather pay and get the full thing done.

Someone should call NE Hair and if they say its identical make sure that they are using the Cytori machine.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's me and yes they said it was identical to Kerastem (using the proprietary Cytori machine built in San Diego). I'm waiting for a response to figure out which day we can do our consultation, so hopefully by the end of the month. The dr that referred me to this clinic is the one who is working on Kerastem clinical trials here in US, I reached out to them to see if I could do the clinical trials and I qualify but the nearest city they offer it is a few hours away and it would be really inconvenient for me to make that drive 9 times with a 25% chance I get placebo and only injecting it in a 40cm^2 area -- not worth it for me, i'd rather pay and get the full thing done.

Someone should call NE Hair and if they say its identical make sure that they are using the Cytori machine.

Thanks for chiming in. Your logic is undeniable Spoc :). Would be curious if they provide you with pictures - then again who knows if the pictures are going to be real.

What I don't understand is how can NE Hair offer the same treatment and not have had to go through clinical trials?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd PAY to see someone come back with results 6+ months after. There really needs to be more public cases of this.

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd PAY to see someone come back with results 6+ months after. There really needs to be more public cases of this.

Histogen did show data for 12 months after treatment. It would be GREAT to know what the expected long term effects of these treatments will be.

Bad_Wolve

Established Member
Reaction score
dear hellouser,

i am searching in the biggest austrian/german Androgenetic Alopecia forum for someone who could effort this treatment. i would do it immediately if it would give good results, but i cant afford this amount of money for an unproven treatment. if i find someone, i will let you know. thanks for your great work at the conference!

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
the problem is that Histogen, PRP, Kerastem dont seem to stop the mechanism of bald to keep kicking in
the only thing on the horizon with the potential effect of keeping hair safe is replicel