Stem Cell Prp Trial In Ca..(sounds Like Kerastem?)

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have some of this going on in the East Coast as well. Kalos does it as well here and calls it Adipose micro droplets.
https://www.kaloshairtransplant.com/fat-stem-cell-therapy.html
They charge the dumbest amount and have no idea, went in there and I knew as much as the doctor, he even said so himself.

The problem is the isolating of the stem cells. Like with Kalos they just take your fat and put it in the Harvest centrifuge system like they would with prp. There may be more yield than prp but the same core issue of keeping those newly injected stem cells at the follicles and not seeping elsewhere and not doing what is intended. The reason Kerastem is the top in terms of Adipose injections because of their "distillation" process that helps to ensure the stem cells stay in place. I think its called the Pure Graft system.

Its expensive and in a desperate market so they'll blast the living hell out of your wallet and in the end just say, "well its a new treatment, we told you so" But i do agree that in that if I had the money id do it, but with Kerastem.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have some of this going on in the East Coast as well. Kalos does it as well here and calls it Adipose micro droplets.
They charge the dumbest amount and have no idea, went in there and I knew as much as the doctor, he even said so himself.

The problem is the isolating of the stem cells. Like with Kalos they just take your fat and put it in the Harvest centrifuge system like they would with prp. There may be more yield than prp but the same core issue of keeping those newly injected stem cells at the follicles and not seeping elsewhere and not doing what is intended. The reason Kerastem is the top in terms of Adipose injections because of their "distillation" process that helps to ensure the stem cells stay in place. I think its called the Pure Graft system.

Its expensive and in a desperate market so they'll blast the living hell out of your wallet and in the end just say, "well its a new treatment, we told you so" But i do agree that in that if I had the money id do it, but with Kerastem.

Im thinking of doing just PRP with Acell

Can i ask you...Is that 'why' it works with some people and not others? the stems cells don't stay put after injecting? or am i misunderstanding you?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Im thinking of doing just PRP with Acell

Can i ask you...Is that 'why' it works with some people and not others? the stems cells don't stay put after injecting? or am i misunderstanding you?

I think PRP and Acell is a very dubious treatment. I've dismissed the idea for now. That having been said, they are constantly trying to tweak it so maybe at some point in time it will be a decent treatment. I think it presently gives modest benefit to a small percentage of people. You might be one of the smaller percentage of people who gets some benefits from it but then again you might not be. It's a crap-shoot. I don't want to give you advice whether or not to do it because I don't want it to be my fault if you spend good money on it and get nothing (like most people who try it) or you don't get the treatment and you would have been one of the smaller % of people who would have gotten a little benefit from it.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

You're right about the Kerastem process facilitating retention of the cells in the target area. It's not perfect at doing this but it is better at it than these other fat injection treatments. Plus, Kerastem has added ADSCs. I would be interested in Kerastem but I'm not presently interested in other fat tissue treatments or PRP/Acell treatments. I understand Kerastem has performed poorly in HairLossTalk.com patients who flew overseas to get it, but for all I know that has more to do with those clinics than the actual treatments. I'm waiting for FDA clinical trial results.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP,Acell=1st class snake oil

For most men with aggressive hair loss i agree

For women and men with mild thinning I'm not so sure and that is what i am trying to determine but unfortunately most of the men here seem to have aggressive hair loss so expectations are high (understandable) and make it almost impossible for those of us with MILD hair loss to have conversations about various treatments that are not minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral or Tsugi which is like 5 to 10 years away.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know where the whole idea of Acell as a hair loss treatment got started? On the forums (Hairsite, to be specific, around 2008 if I recall for anyone who wants to watch a fad happen in recorded real time). One poster in particular had a (totally uninformed, unscientific) hypothesis that, because Acell CLAIMED it regrew tissue (their "data" was a thumb tip that regrew after Acell was applied, though they forgot to mention that digits severed at that length often regrow all on their own), it would of course regrow hair! The poster wrote to Acell, and Acell - in a desperate bid to sell more of its product - took the idea and ran with it. In no time flat hair transplant "doctors" started adding it to their menu as another way to up sell their trade. Acell is 100% a product of forum hype, is easy to research, and is the reason why wouldn't trust any hair transplant "doctor" who sells it. There is none, zero, zilch research to suggest it does anything, much less grows hair, and it can all be traced back to Hairsite LOL!

It's really, really sad how easy it is to fool desperate people, and that's exactly what Acell, PRP, and all the other high concept snake oil does - fool desperate people.

I've seen some before and after pics where it looks like it gave some benefit to some patients. However, in a number of those good pics it also looks like the patient's hair is styled and/or combed differently, or the patient's head is angled differently than the before pic, or the lighting is different between the before and after pics. Still, even removing those suspicious looking pics there appears to be a small percentage of cases where the patient got some benefit.

Last edited:

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairblues i think like with any treatment there's a lot of factors included. But overall, in my personal experience that prp and Acell done with a harvest system was not a waste of time but most definitely a waste of money.

I am still hopeful about sonicated and calcium activated prp but they charge around 2k and some even have the nerve to look me in the face and say that a large portion of that goes to covering the cost of the kits. Suck my nine to that.

It does appeal to the desperate, it does have some positive effects with little to no sides, it is super expensive.

I think I will get another done because now I am doing 1.5 dermaroller weekly and they show good results when supplemented with prp (found one for 900)

Anyway I felt my results weren't the worst, probably just thickening but that helps me now, if I could would do kerastem no other adipose and if money is no issue, expect little to nothing, make a decision now and stick with is cause at best this is maintenance treatment. No regrowth.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should start your own private forum? One where you can ban anyone who gives you an answer you don't like? This one's public, and we're allowed to give our opinions.

I don't mind your opinion in fact i value it BUT you just kind of take over threads repeating what you already share over and over and always negative.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe stop posting the same thread over and over again? Do you think asking the same question in a different way is going to result in the answer you want? Reality doesn't work that way.

Anyway, what are you waiting for? You think PRP and Acell work, so why do you keep talking about it? Go get it, and prove me wrong.

It's not the same procedure.

Are you trying to harass me on here? it seems like you are trying to be a bully on here.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairblues, If you have no problem with the money of PRP treatment, try it.

It's not regular PRP its from lipo suction and i thought it was like kerastem..thats why I started the thread.
So people can discuss it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Harrass?" Is that what you call "disagreeing?" LOL. You are absurd.

How dare I disagree with you! Only bullies and harassers disagree with people!

Nice try, though.

Honestly you are really upsetting me

I have hair loss.

i am limited to what i can do

I am posting things to discuss with people.

And you are telling me not to put up threads

Seriously dude just back off me.