Starting to feel self conscious with my hair system

SkepticMind

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not really embarrassed for people to know that I'm wearing a hair system. Women wear make-up, hair extensions... etc. Men can do the same too.

But anyway, I'm not new to hair systems, I've been wearing one for 3 years now. I'm only starting to feel self conscious because I'm wearing a new style and I've noticed some stares and I'm having doubts about whether it looks natural or not. I, at least, thought I did. When I look in the mirror, I honestly think it looks good. I don't know, may be different lightings make it obvious, or may be it's due to the fact that this hair system is thicker, I don't know. I'd post pictures here, but I prefer to stay anonymous. Some people assumed it's my real hair, they never doubted, which is good validation. But I don't know how others could tell. Like what are some indicators? Just today in the mall a guy was staring at my hair and actually elbowed his wife to look at me (which is offensive as hell, and I was seriously in a bad mood, I wanted to say something but I kept shut only for my own good). The guy though was bald... May be to him it was obvious because he knows about this stuff?

Anyway, I don't feel embarrassed when people know it's a hair system, only when it looks unnatural. The thing is, I don't know what would make it look unnatural, because when I see myself, I honestly think it looks natural... am I delusional? ‍

How do I make sure I look natural? I mean, usually the hair style that fits me, is straight short black hair, and bangs that reach the eye lashes, I move my bangs slightly to one side, either left or right and I keep my hair a bit frizzy, not combed fully slick, because that actually makes it look very unnatural. I also make sure that the density is just right. The bangs need to be less dense than the back hair, there should be some gaps between the bangs. Anyway, if you guys have any tips to make a hair system like my style look more natural, please do share. And also, on a psychological note, how do you deal with judgments from people?

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you share pictures ? It's hard to tell just like that. If someone elbowed their wife to laugh at you at the mall, the new hair system you have may look strange from angles you cannot see. Try to use a handheld mirror to see your side reflection and back in a bigger mirror

SkepticMind

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a solution. Stop wearing one.

Gladly, I don't have to listen to you. My friends started taking me to clubs and I've been asked out by guys who had no idea I was wearing a system. I rarely go to clubs cuz of my self esteem. Anyway went on a date with this guy and told him I am wearing a system and he was fine with it and still found me attractive. I'm glad I got this confidence boost and that I am surrounded by decent people.

I have to say though that you need to work on your character, and advice-giving isn't really your thing.