Starting Minoxidil Treatment - Need Some Tips

amagomes

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking finasteride for the past 8 months(with no side effects). I am not sure if it did anything as the progress is slow and I am not taking pictures, but my crown area is still thin and my hair line is kinda bad. My mom a few weeks ago told me my hair is thick(she doesnt know Im taking finasteride) so I guess it should be doing something.

I am consudering adding minoxidil to my regimen, however there are a couple of things that concern me (it is a long term commitment afterall):

1 - I have read that some people experience wrinkles/dark circles. Also there is some talk about prostaglandins that support this idea. Should I be worried abou this? Is it something that happens to all people to some extent or a rare thing? Also this is not reported as a side effect of minoxidil solutiobs, so I am really confused abou this.

2 - Should I be buying straight up minoxidil like kirkland or rogaine, or expensive solutions with other added actives, like saw palmetto etc? Are those other actives beneficial for hair growth or I shouldnt bother? I dont mind paying a lot for a bit more hair grow. I do mind getting scamed, though.

3 - Should I think about dermarolling? Does that interact with my concerns listed in 1?

Thanks.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would buy straight up rogaine or kirkland liquid. if you have a hard time with the liquid for some reason, then try the foam. no additives.

it seems that some people do have a bad skin reaction but i think its rare. maybe very rare, so rare that a lot of people doubt it happens at all.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Wrinkles and dark circles from Minoxidil are bullshit. You apply it to your scalp not your face. Unless you spray it on your eyes or let it drip on your eyes you should be fine. Minoxidil increases blood supply to skin where applied. My best guess for dark circles would be people applying it for beard hair? and spraying it close to their eyes

It's not bullshit. I got dark circles from minoxidil. Once I quit minoxidil my eyes have gotten better a couple of weeks.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even if you apply it to your scalp the drug goes systemic and travel in your body.. i think people with dark circles and other issues are allergic to the drug but its just my opinion.
You should try, if you are a good respoder you will have a very nice regrowth.