starting genuine dutasteride today

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got my doctor to write a prescription for me. Bought 90 dutasteride capsules (glaxo) for 40$ (cheaper than online generic).
I will be using 1.5 mg per day for this week and stick to 0.5 mg from next week. I will use the generics I have for the loading dosage. I will update with pictures in 3 months if I have made any progress.

PS. I have decided not to use oral spironolactone and loniten.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck - how old are you?
Today my generic dutasteride arrived: dutas. Shipping took about 2 weeks, great.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jacky, thanks. good luck to you too.
I am 30 years old and I am a Norwood 5.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Goodluck, man.

But don't expect to see great results during 3 months. I would wait until 6-12 months before seeing optimal results on dutasteride.

So far, on my experience with genuine Avodart (My three-month mark is in 4 or 5 days), I have gotten a lot of growth in the temples and hairline. I am constantly shedding in the hairline and temples, but the regrowth is more obvious than the shedding. In all, it balances out in my favor.

The top of my head is thickening up very well.

It obvously works in a very slow and gradual fashion, like finasteride. I'm more please with it, however, as I'm not getting any sexual side effects and I'm getting faster results.

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
techprof said:
I got my doctor to write a prescription for me. Bought 90 dutasteride capsules (glaxo) for 40$ (cheaper than online generic).
I will be using 1.5 mg per day for this week and stick to 0.5 mg from next week. I will use the generics I have for the loading dosage. I will update with pictures in 3 months if I have made any progress.

PS. I have decided not to use oral spironolactone and loniten.

Glad to see you did'nt go with the oral spironolactone techprof. Maybe you should add the topical 5% spironolactone to regiment. I see you quite use the 2% spironolactone. Why? Are you getting better results with the Xandrox %5 and 15% on the temples and hairline then the spironolactone?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
steve, Infact I decided not to use xandrox 15 below a NW3 hairline. Since my scalp is bad, if I grow few hairs in NW1 fashion, it will look bad. In my opinion, I am not sure if Xandrox 15 did anything more than regular minoxidil. I am afraid to stop xandrox 15 now.

spironolactone is only for NW2 to NW1 in my opinion and is not going to help in addition to finasteride or dutasteride for my crown and vertex.