Starting Dutasteride And Need Advice

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I’m a 24 y/o female, diagnosed via scalp biopsy to gave Androgenetic Alopecia a few years ago. I’ve been on 2mg oral minoxidil, 2 x 5% topical minoxidil and Diane-35 pill since late 2015. I had also taken 200mg Spironolactone for a while but noticed no change and the stuff made me really sick and also was a bad combo with my antidepressant. I had some decent regrowth around my hairline, nape and sides of my head which I owe mostly to the minoxidil, but nevertheless have had continual shedding and never regained any ground on the FPHL areas of my frontal and crown areas. I haven’t been on an anti-androgen for well over a year after stopping the spironolactone and things are now BAD. My part is notibly wide and I’ve virtually a bald spot at my crown. I have been doing some research and saw that Dutasteride is successful for a lot of men, and used in lower doses (in minimal studies mind you) can help women. So I got a script from my GP and have tentatively began on a super low dose of 0.5mg once per week. Now I am REALLY hormone sensitive which is why I have this stupid hairloss in the first place, and have always had sheds during my period, on spironolactone, and only a week or two after minoxidil. So I’m almost not surprised that THREE DAYS after taking this one dutasteride pill I am shedding buckets. Like, actual buckets. Everywhere. I was already sad and scared about my hair but now I am suicidal. I know that sheds can be positive, and I see lots of people say that they shed of this medication, but now I also see lots of horror stories which say it ruined their hair and the shedding never ended. Now I am wondering what to do. Continue and see what happens? Stop now and prevent possible further damage? PLEASE ladies, if you have tried this drug and have experiences to convey please do! Alternatively, if you have had success on another anti-androgen I would love to hear. I’m so lost. I think about ending my life every day. please help me.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was already sad and scared about my hair but now I am suicidal

Please, take a hugh breath and try to down the stress, Acupunture could be useful.

Stop all these heavy meds, try if you want other methods , even naturals ......

Take care

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Do a serious blood test
2) Duta is an 5-ar inhibitor. You're stressin yourself for nothing. If you shed just wait 3-4 months. You'll have regrowth. If nothing,and if you have balls to do it,do 3 more months. If there is still nothing,stop it.
3) If you're lacking of estrogen,jump on Alpicort F 4x/w. Thank me later.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Do a serious blood test
2) Duta is an 5-ar inhibitor. You're stressin yourself for nothing. If you shed just wait 3-4 months. You'll have regrowth. If nothing,and if you have balls to do it,do 3 more months. If there is still nothing,stop it.
3) If you're lacking of estrogen,jump on Alpicort F 4x/w. Thank me later.
I take the pill so the estrogen situation is sorted. I worry that the increase in test which avodart creates may adversely effect my current hairloss, as studies have shown that is it elevated test levels rather than dht levels which correlate with female hairloss. I’ve read posts which speculate about whether or not the drug causes free test to remain in its primary form without converting to dht, but no one knows for sure. I am getting a blood test for serum test/free test/serum dht and a few other things tomorrow. Otherwise, I’m thinking I need a solid topical. I have ordered the “Zix” pack but I reckon I need something stronger as well. Maybe spironolactone or fluridil topical? I don’t want to touch RU because of how little is known about it’s stability as a long-term treatment. Thanks for your advice!

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take the pill so the estrogen situation is sorted. I worry that the increase in test which avodart creates may adversely effect my current hairloss, as studies have shown that is it elevated test levels rather than dht levels which correlate with female hairloss. I’ve read posts which speculate about whether or not the drug causes free test to remain in its primary form without converting to dht, but no one knows for sure. I am getting a blood test for serum test/free test/serum dht and a few other things tomorrow. Otherwise, I’m thinking I need a solid topical. I have ordered the “Zix” pack but I reckon I need something stronger as well. Maybe spironolactone or fluridil topical? I don’t want to touch RU because of how little is known about it’s stability as a long-term treatment. Thanks for your advice!

I hope you don't want kids haha.
Post the blood test and you'll see what's happening.
For sideless effects, go on Eucapil + Zix + Ramatroban (if you live in US) and stop the rest.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you don't want kids haha.
Post the blood test and you'll see what's happening.
For sideless effects, go on Eucapil + Zix + Ramatroban (if you live in US) and stop the rest.
I can’t have children. I have hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (my brain doesn’t produce luteinising hormone) and I also went through menopause at 21.
How would I take the ramatroban? I looked into that but everyone talks about topicals, also I would probably need a script to get it

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t have children. I have hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (my brain doesn’t produce luteinising hormone) and I also went through menopause at 21.
How would I take the ramatroban? I looked into that but everyone talks about topicals, also I would probably need a script to get it

I feel sorry for you.
Ramatroban can be bought on iron dragon.
Also, start dermarolling every 2 weeks and buy Cloprostenol and apply it at every derma session.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you.
Ramatroban can be bought on iron dragon.
Also, start dermarolling every 2 weeks and buy Cloprostenol and apply it at every derma session.
I am from Australia, so I don’t know if I can get the ramatroban. However if I can, how does one take it? Topically or orally and in what dose? I dermaroll already. What’s Cloprostenol and what does it do? Maybe DM me? Thanks