started my regimen...and a few questions...

chin311

Reaction score
well, i decided to go all out on my regimen, so here's what im doing...

5% Minx 2x daily (1ml app.)
1% Nizoral every 3rd day
1.25 mg quartered proscar
2000mg MSM daily
Multivitamin daily

This is all to treat my receding hairline + and thinning front region...

Started the proscar about two weeks ago...only side effect so far is greasier skin (tho this goes away) and a lil' decreased libido (no biggie)...but i have a few questions regarding minx...

1) i apply it at night before i go to bed, and then in the morning before i take a shower (let it dry for 4 hrs)...is this good or do i need to wash my hair between applications?

2) how bad is the shed period? im using it mainly on the hairline/temples and front middle...?

3) i've used minx only twice already, and i havent had any flaking or any irritations from it? is it still working?

Any other tips?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
chin311 said:
well, i decided to go all out on my regimen, so here's what im doing...

5% Minx 2x daily (1ml app.)
1% Nizoral every 3rd day
1.25 mg quartered proscar
2000mg MSM daily
Multivitamin daily

This is all to treat my receding hairline + and thinning front region...

Started the proscar about two weeks ago...only side effect so far is greasier skin (tho this goes away) and a lil' decreased libido (no biggie)...but i have a few questions regarding minx...

1) i apply it at night before i go to bed, and then in the morning before i take a shower (let it dry for 4 hrs)...is this good or do i need to wash my hair between applications?

2) how bad is the shed period? im using it mainly on the hairline/temples and front middle...?

3) i've used minx only twice already, and i havent had any flaking or any irritations from it? is it still working?

Any other tips?

1) That is perfect. You don't need to wash between applications at all.

2) Shed period is always different for everyone. Remember that it will get worse before it gets better and that the frontal hair takes longer to see results. However, it does in fact work on the front so have faith.

3) Flaking/irritation only happens on some people. You still might have some. If you don't, then don't worry about it.

Excellent regimen. You obviously have studied the forum before deciding on what to use.

chin311

Reaction score
thank you...anything else i should be adding in?

im trying to keep the costs down...and i feel if anything will give me results, it should be this regimen...am i right?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
chin311 said:
thank you...anything else i should be adding in?

im trying to keep the costs down...and i feel if anything will give me results, it should be this regimen...am i right?

no, not really anything else you should be adding. If you are in the small percentage of people of which this regimen does not work, then you can add things later. I am taking the same thing and if it didn't work for me I would add some bigger guns at that time. They have stronger treatments out there, like 15% minoxidil, dutasteride, fluridil... but they are expensive and you have to keep using them for life. Also, they are not as well researched and have uncertain side effects. Fortunetely I am already seeing results after 3 months. Again I think you will be happy, just stick with it for a full year.