Started finasteride, what can I expect? (pics included)

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been suffering from diffuse thining for 5 yrs now, 2 yrs ago it become noticable and I got prescription for propecia, i didnt start it coz I was afraid of the sides. I only used minoxidil 5% + toppik. Now.. even toppik is not enough for concealing, and I really start to freak. Desperately, I started finasteride, for 2 weeks now. I had great success with min 2 yrs ago, but once I got lazy and stopped treatment, those new hair were all gone.

Below are my latest pic, taken while hair is dry, with flash light. What can I expect fro finasteride. BTW, what norwood is this?

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Take the Finpecia/Propecia. I had some sides and they went away. So just try it for a month or two. You spent the money on the propecia so why not use it. It looks like a Norwood 3 to me.

Pob

Reaction score
Nobody can say what you can expect; everybody responds differently. However what I would say is that there is a good chance you will see a signifiant cosmetic improvement, particuarly as your hair loss seems to be conentrated around the vertex where finasteride seems to respond best.

Remember, patience and consitency is the key. Unless you are lucky, you are unlikey to see much improvement before 6 months. You should keep up the treatments for at least a year before you can really tell if you are a good responer or not, and some people on this forum have been into their second year before seeing some regrowth. The first sign that things are happening may well be that your rate of hair loss reduces.

BTW, I'm at the 3 month stage on finasteride and possibly am now seeing a reduction in the amount of hair I lose in the shower.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

pcu83

Reaction score
3.5 i'd say. only been on propecia for 4 months so hard to say -- the area on the crown of your head should begin shrinking at the very least.