Start off with finasteride, Min, & Reviv, or go slow with just F

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's better to start off preventatively with finasteride, minodidil, and others, or go slow with just finasteride?

I'm in the early stages of hair loss mostly in the front, and I've been using Revivogen and Minoxidil for 4 months. My hair has thinned noticeably since I began, but I know this is far too early to gauge effectiveness.

I see HairLossTalk.com recommends:
Start with Propecia and give it a year or two. If you see results, stick with it all by itself. Be happy to maintain. Its buying you time. When it runs out maybe 7 years down the line, add Rogaine and enjoy another 5 years or so with that combination. (http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?p=105151)
Losing my hair will affect my profession, so I think I want to be as aggressive as I can at these early stages and use finesteride, minoxidil, revivogen, and maybe others, all as prevention.

Do you guys think it is better in the long run to start off slow, otherwise they will all "run out" earlier than under HairLossTalk.com's recommendation?

Brandon

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
use finasteride. you are not hurting your hair by delaying the application of other treatments.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, if I were to quit minoxidil and revivogen now and just take finasteride, would I risk permanently losing ground in my hair loss .. because of the shedding that has already occurred, and because there may be additional shedding upon quitting? This is a little complicated by that many times I've been applying the minoxidil only once a day, especially for the last month. :oops:

A bit anxious, Brandon

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
brandon, what is your norwood scale. if it is not more than nw1 or Norwood 2. get off from minoxidil asap.
you are not likely to shed much. Even if you lose hairs that are dependent on minoxidil, you will lose them and go back to where you started.
IMO, you should try the finasteride route for a year and see what happens.

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a norwood 1, my hair loss is in the early stages, just thinning, mostly in the front. Why do you recommend getting off the minoxidil asap?

Though I'm unsure if it would be wise, it seems it could be possible to stay on revivogen and minoxidil and be able to avoid finasteride altering the hormonal system. Is minoxidil not considered a preventative at this stage?

Brandon
---------
25 yrs old