spraying minoxidil

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to spray minoxidil all over the head rather than applying it directly to the scalp? It takes way too long for minoxidil to dry and does the hair absorbs it?

beaner

Reaction score
fiddle_com said:
My doctor said to spray twelve times. That is written in the box of minoxidil too.

Which minoxidil do you use? Mine always said 6 sprays for 1 ml. 12 seems like an awful lot.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
It does not say anything about spraying. I have Kirkland minoxidil and it only comes with a droplet. I was thinking of pouring it to a spray bottle. Based on your guys experience does it dry faster this way?

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unless you're basically bald where you are applying it most of the minoxidil you spray on will just cover your hair and not get to the scalp. That's why most minoxidil packs don't come with the sprayer at all anymore.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
No I am not bald but starting to thin in the vertex and in the front.

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I use wal mart's rogaine and the stuff is dry enough in 5 minutes.

I have no idea if this version of rogaine is considered less oily or not, but I really think the drying time is reasonable.

I imagine the oily quality has something to do with the delivery of Minoxidil to the scalp; after all that is the point of this.

Best of luck to you,
Joe

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
With all this stuff Im hearing about shedding process Im getting scared. If i only apply minoxidil to the hairline will my hair shedd?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
jay2K6 said:
Is it a good idea to spray minoxidil all over the head rather than applying it directly to the scalp? It takes way too long for minoxidil to dry and does the hair absorbs it?

Any minoxidil that is applied to the hair itself is wasted, period. Spraying it on your hair is like pulling into a gas station and dispensing fuel straight onto the ground instead of into your car's tank.

It must be applied to the scalp itself. If you won't take the time to apply it directly and allow it to absorb, you might as well stop using it and save your money.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
Any minoxidil that is applied to the hair itself is wasted, period. Spraying it on your hair is like pulling into a gas station and dispensing fuel straight onto the ground instead of into your car's tank.
quote]

funny comparison :lol:

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My Dr. Lee instructions say to use the calibrated sprayer for 4 sprays (1mL).

I personally would use the dropper unless your head is shaved.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't use the sprayer but the instructions say spray six times for 1ml.

I'm gonna grow my hair out longer and I can't see any way of applying this stuff effectively under the hair. Might source a dropper.