spironolactone vs. Bica vs. Flutamide vs. Cypro vs. RU vs. topical E - Efficacy and Safety

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've posted pics, but just a few weeks ago it wasnt this bad on top, and that front part of the hairline in the middle that is sparse now is completely new. Granted, I've started oral min over a month ago, and I also started and them stopped dutasteride which probably spiked my T, but I NEED TO ACT FAST, as I just had a transplant on the temples and the rest of my hair is going to sh*t, clearly...

I'm trying to pick which one of these to give a try, and I'm hearing a lot of different suggestions. I want to avoid gyno/feminization as much as possible, but my T is in the mid 800s because of finasteride, so I'm hoping this might serve as some protection. Theres a strong possibility that finasteride upregulated my ARs, because of the diffuse thinning that suddenly erupted, and because of the fact when I Tried dutasteride for 3 weeks a month ago, and then stopped, my seb derm got way worse, suggesting a huge spike in T and possibly more AR upregulation.

So, trying to lower my T AND block the receptors. Cypro maybe?
Just a few weeks ago it wasnt this bad on top, and that front part of the hairline in the middle that is sparse now is completely new. I need to act fast...

IMG_5454.JPG
Thank you!
IMG_5455.JPG
IMG_5456.JPG

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've posted pics, but just a few weeks ago it wasnt this bad on top, and that front part of the hairline in the middle that is sparse now is completely new. Granted, I've started oral min over a month ago, and I also started and them stopped dutasteride which probably spiked my T, but I NEED TO ACT FAST, as I just had a transplant on the temples and the rest of my hair is going to sh*t, clearly...

I'm trying to pick which one of these to give a try, and I'm hearing a lot of different suggestions. I want to avoid gyno/feminization as much as possible, but my T is in the mid 800s because of finasteride, so I'm hoping this might serve as some protection. Theres a strong possibility that finasteride upregulated my ARs, because of the diffuse thinning that suddenly erupted, and because of the fact when I Tried dutasteride for 3 weeks a month ago, and then stopped, my seb derm got way worse, suggesting a huge spike in T and possibly more AR upregulation.

So, trying to lower my T AND block the receptors. Cypro maybe?
Just a few weeks ago it wasnt this bad on top, and that front part of the hairline in the middle that is sparse now is completely new. I need to act fast...

View attachment 160151Thank you! View attachment 160152View attachment 160153
The only thing I would suggest is Bicalutamide. But you have to be very careful with it, you have to do always test of hormones and liver enzyms to be sure WHAT you are doing...

It's still salvagable. Estrogens are there for regrowth.

You might need estrogen only for a short period of time, cycling it.

I wouldn't recommend Cypro as it lowers all sex hormones etc.

Flutamide is hepatotoxic.

Spironolactone is great for hair, but has many health side effects for some posters. At the end of the day, Spiros dosage needs to be increases over time.

RU is just like pissing into the ocean lol.

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thing I would suggest is Bicalutamide. But you have to be very careful with it, you have to do always test of hormones and liver enzyms to be sure WHAT you are doing...

Spironolactone is great for hair, but has many health side effects for some posters. At the end of the day, Spiros dosage needs to be increases over time.

What would the lightest dosage of topical E be in your eyes, and how often might I take it. I feel like spironolactone would at least be slightly more beneficial, since it has those estrogenic effects, and also blocks the androgens. Bicalutamide I'm fine taking, but do people take estrogen with it to keep their T in check?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would the lightest dosage of topical E be in your eyes, and how often might I take it. I feel like spironolactone would at least be slightly more beneficial, since it has those estrogenic effects, and also blocks the androgens. Bicalutamide I'm fine taking, but do people take estrogen with it to keep their T in check?
Yes people take sometimes E with Bica.

Spironolactone has some many more benefits than being an SAA. Such as the effects on the MCR.

I sadly can't provide much information about topical E. Tho some other posters on here seem to have great knowledge!

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes people take sometimes E with Bica.

Spironolactone has some many more benefits than being an SAA. Such as the effects on the MCR.

I sadly can't provide much information about topical E. Tho some other posters on here seem to have great knowledge!
I just need to find out the right "dosage" for topical S, to try to avoid those side effects. Thanks!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I agree with you on every point but especially on RU.