Spironolactone/I've been working on a slideshow for work.

PatrickHRTnolan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is one of my slides. I may post the whole slideshow eventually, but I'm trying to find the right forum.
Hair loss talk 1 Spir.GIF

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is one of my slides. I may post the whole slideshow eventually, but I'm trying to find the right forum.View attachment 166817
Are you asking for feedback? I don't think that it has much effect on DHT while slightly raising systemic testosterone. The stuff smells vile topically and is of questionable efficacy when used non-orally. It seems to work better for cis-females for hair loss since they already provide an estradiol-based environment when they suffer from female pattern hair loss. It has heavy sides for many people from the get-go and they often are unrelenting. It has many sides related to brain fog, fatigue, dehydration and electrolytic balance. It had for me, especially noticeable strength effects that were far more substantial than those of estradiol and literally, I couldn't open jars or walk steps or mow the lawn. I suffered extreme sweating in summer and all of my hair fell out about a month after starting spironolactone treatment orally for my hair. I recommend never going off either dutasteride or finasteride for anyone who does not produce substantial estrogen endogenously even transgender females after sexual reassignment surgery because DHT still comes from the adrenals, up with follicles to a limited extent and may be produced via the notorious backdoor pathway in trans females which sounds racy but is really a transformation of progesterone into DHT that is lightly studied and which might not actually occur often enough to worry about for transgender females but I have worked too hard to restore my locks to ever forego finasteride, even on a desert island.

It's synthetic and while often accepted as far safer than CPA, a similar AA in many ways, and equally safe to bicalutamide in the long-run, it has heavy immediate sides and spironolactone is by far the most common complaint that transgender females have about their medication protocols. Since we now know that estradiol only works for feminization and hair regrowth, I advise everyone save cis-females avoid this medication as it is synthetic and cis-females generally only use it, often in conjunction with the tiny amount of .25mg of oral minoxidil, until the hair loss episode relents. Male hair loss episodes tend to only relent with reductase inhibition and even that might be far from permanent. MtF's know these things and I recommend that people check the Reddit sites AskMtFHRT and DIY if they have interest in any of these nuances. We spend lots and lots of time discussing bicalutamide, spironolactone and CPA because their usage has exploded because people think that they are synergistic with estradiol or feminizing on their own. If they are feminizing on their own, it is probably due to the spoof aspect in which they deflect androgens from androgen receptors. I have never seen any spironolactone pics that even faintly resemble those of @bridgeburn's hair restoration in which he did use all three AA's but also used copious estradiol. To show that AA's are not necessary, at least for hair in an MtF context, I dumped spironolactone after giving it a Goddess-awful year and now I am AA free.

spironolactone is cheap though and insurance companies usually won't approve bica due to the novelty and the cost and CPA is not approved for use in the USA. I don't think that spironolactone is the answer but I love the chick on your design and I love anyone who cares enough to put information together for others. I was trying topical spironolactone mixed with minoxidil from Dr. Lee in the 90's and it was the high percentage minoxidil, 12 to 15 % which I think improved his products; the azelaic acid and spironolactone, not so much.

Best,
Janey

Last edited:

PatrickHRTnolan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you asking for feedback? I don't think that it has much effect on DHT while slightly raising systemic testosterone. The stuff smells vile topically and is of questionable efficacy when used non-orally. It seems to work better for cis-females for hair loss since they already provide an estradiol-based environment when they suffer from female pattern hair loss. It has heavy sides for many people from the get-go and they often are unrelenting. It has many sides related to brain fog, fatigue, dehydration and electrolytic balance. It had for me, especially noticeable strength effects that were far more substantial than those of estradiol and literally, I couldn't open jars or walk steps or mow the lawn. I suffered extreme sweating in summer and all of my hair fell out about a month after starting spironolactone treatment orally for my hair. I recommend never going off either dutasteride or finasteride for anyone who does not produce substantial estrogen endogenously even transgender females after sexual reassignment surgery because DHT still comes from the adrenals, up with follicles to a limited extent and may be produced via the notorious backdoor pathway in trans females which sounds racy but is really a transformation of progesterone into DHT that is lightly studied and which might not actually occur often enough to worry about for transgender females but I have worked too hard to restore my locks to ever forego finasteride, even on a desert island.

It's synthetic and while often accepted as far safer than CPA, a similar AA in many ways, and equally safe to bicalutamide in the long-run, it has heavy immediate sides and spironolactone is by far the most common complaint that transgender females have about their medication protocols. Since we now know that estradiol only works for feminization and hair regrowth, I advise everyone save cis-females avoid this medication as it is synthetic and cis-females generally only use it, often in conjunction with the tiny amount of .25mg of oral minoxidil, until the hair loss episode relents. Male hair loss episodes tend to only relent with reductase inhibition and even that might be far from permanent. MtF's know these things and I recommend that people check the Reddit sites AskMtFHRT and DIY if they have interest in any of these nuances. We spend lots and lots of time discussing bicalutamide, spironolactone and CPA because their usage has exploded because people think that they are synergistic with estradiol or feminizing on their own. If they are feminizing on their own, it is probably due to the spoof aspect in which they deflect androgens from androgen receptors. I have never seen any spironolactone pics that even faintly resemble those of @bridgeburn's hair restoration in which he did use all three AA's but also used copious estradiol. To show that AA's are not necessary, at least for hair in an MtF context, I dumped spironolactone after giving it a Goddess-awful year and now I am AA free.

spironolactone is cheap though and insurance companies usually won't approve bica due to the novelty and the cost and CPA is not approved for use in the USA. I don't think that spironolactone is the answer but I love the chick on your design and I love anyone who cares enough to put information together for others. I was trying topical spironolactone mixed with minoxidil from Dr. Lee in the 90's and it was the high percentage minoxidil, 12 to 15 % which I think improved his products; the azelaic acid and spironolactone, not so much.

Best,
Janey
Not sure how it's usage works in all population groups, I know each individual is different, but some have very good results. In either case, I am not promoting any one product or solution, as there are many - and what works for one person may not work for another. I do appreciate your feedback, and I will attempt to bring more specificity to my future posts. I am simply trying to start a conversation about different options.