Spectral DNC vs Rogaine Foam

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m using Spectral DNC but I’m having some problems with it:

1-The spray pump on Spectral DNC can cause the spray to clog and make it difficult or impossible to dispense the contents of the bottle. So I have to use a dropper (no problem).

2-I get some crystals (sediments) in the dropper when I apply it and then when I put it on my scalp it looks like I have dandruff.

3-The product also leaves a yellow residue on the scalp. If a person is only using this product and staying at home, then that wouldn't be a problem, but I bought Spectral so I could use it as a morning minoxidil.

4-Then I got two recall bottles with the “improved†formula and guess what, after a few applications I had the same problems with the applicators and with the yellow residue.

Well, I just had to try the foam out so I ordered the quad pack.

It’s so easy and fast to apply that I’m getting spoiled.
Also, there’s no residue, no yellow color and it smells ok.

I was applying dispensing it on my fingers after rinsing my hands with cold water but then I read yesterday how Cassin applies it by dispensing the product into the cap and then scoop out some foam and apply it to the scalp. It’s easier for me to measure the right amount of foam this way.

A word about Spectral DNC:I don´t think that the Aminexil works. The quantity of the copper peptides must be very small, and I´m using Folligen and Tricomin. It has Retinol but I´m also using Retin-A.

Spectral DNC costs $36.00 and the Rogaine foam costs around $12.50

I still have 2 bottles of Spectral DNC that I want to use and then I’ll switch to the foam for good.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
also rogaine foam is tested and proven while spectral DNC is all claim but no data available.