Spectral DNC on hair?

GC

Reaction score
"Directions: Apply 14 sprays directly in the area of hair loss and thinning hair, twice per day.

Hold the localized spray close to the scalp to avoid getting the medication on the hair".

So they're telling you to spray directly in the area of hair loss and later contradict themselves by saying avoid getting the medication on the hair.

Unless you're completely bald, how can one avoid getting the medication on your hair?

I just received my first bottle of DNC and although it looks rather promising, i'm quite stumped on how to use it.

I'm only thinning at the front of my head and around the temples/hairline.

There is no way to avoid getting it into my hair on the front of my head.

Surely this isn't going to have any negative effects..... is it?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with DNC, but you could try using a dropper and save yourself some of the hassle

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats what i do.. the pump spray doesnt really measure up that well. and it likes to clog. i use a dropper to make sure i'm getting 1 ml on my head. If you dont need a whole ml then you can measure how much you need and just apply that daily. Basically you just wanna hit the areas that need hitting. Some people like to use a qtip. i tried that and although you can get it on sufficiently without hitting your hair to bad it takes forever.

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah the spray is awful. clogs after about a week which is really annoying especially as ive chucked out all my old regaine bottles and cant transfer it. i usually stick a needle down the nozzle which works at least for a while.
apparently theyre changing the design soon.

i wouldnt worry too much about it getting in your hair its an occupational
hazard. i get some on there and it hasnt done me any harm just makes your hair a bit tacky.

GC

Reaction score
Well at the moment i'm using a syringe, drinking up 1ml, taking out the pin and then releasing it evenly along my hairline and on the front of my hair.

The area that i mainly need to treat is the front of my head. 3/4 of the top is fine, it's the hair around my widows peak which is the problem.

Point is, there's so much hair still there it's impossible to not mix it in with the DNC as i work it into my scalp.

Although the package says don't get it into your hair, surely this can't be a big concern, if it had a negative effect, the product wouldn't be out on the market as it's quite a challenge avoiding your hair.

Thanks for the replies, only time will tell.

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
What the hell? Why would they put that on the bottle? I have basically all of my hair and I am working to get maintenance and some regrowth, with that said because I still have good coverage with my hair, it is 100% impossible for me not to get it on my hair. My method will be using a regular minoxidil dropper with the Spectral DNC and running it along my scalp then massaging it in with my hands. Am I not supposed to do this or what?

GC

Reaction score
Mate, that's exactly what i'm awaiting an answer on.

Surely before making the product they had to take into consideration that not everyone using it would be completely BALD!!

I think they simply mean if you're not getting it into the scalp, it's going to go to waste.

But regardless, the box says "avoid contact with hair". Like you said, it's impossible!

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, damn thing clogged for me. I think they mean, dont put it on the hair, because it needs to go on the scalp. Essential oils, herbs, and other stuff probably wont harm the hair, but I think they mean to put it on the scalp and not hair.

Ther brochure has a few mistakes, somewhere it says 14 sprays, another place 10 sprays etc.

GC

Reaction score
LOL!

In regards to the 10/14 sprays, I noticed that also.

I also noticed on their website they refer to the product as spectral D"M"C on quite a number of occasions.

I hope the final product wasn't as rushed as their instruction guide and website editing.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to post updates on how it all goes as i'm aware there aren't all that many of us using DNC on this site.

Sean68

Reaction score
making a topical hair product that is bad for your hair if its sprayed onto
it would be a pretty major design flaw. ive been using it for a couple of
months and nothing untoward has happened.

spectral dmc isnt a typo its spectral dnc without the minoxidil.