Soy linked to cancer - news issued

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't be fooled

I saw this on the news aswell, and it is not so simple as to say that soy causes cancer.

The study showed that soy can cause harm for people who already have cancer (and this was only in some people), however, it can prevent cancer in those people who don't already have it.

Therefore, for healthy people, it is definately a very good thing to include in your diet.

It is important that people fully understand the results. For the majority of people the results are in favor of soy.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate,

The results are certainly not in the favor of Soy, certainly not when Soy contains Genistein and Daidzein which are both carcinogenic and in turn have the ability to damage DNA.

Ability aside, the fact is that Soy does damage DNA.

There are a plethora of truths that need to be told concerning various types this is but one.

docj077

Reaction score
Wow, that article really blew and was poorly written.

Anyway, it's been known for a long time that soy contains phytoestrogens and these results are already preached by what one would call "good doctors". You'd think it would be pretty obvious to a doctor and their patient not to allow them to eat foods that could potentially exacerbate their cancer. Especially, if you have estrogen sensitive breast cancer or prostate cancer.

Some things are just obvious. This finding is one of them.

docj077

Reaction score
So said:
Mate,

The results are certainly not in the favor of Soy, certainly not when Soy contains Genistein and Daidzein which are both carcinogenic and in turn have the ability to damage DNA.

Ability aside, the fact is that Soy does damage DNA.

There are a plethora of truths that need to be told concerning various types this is but one.

Soy has no carcinogenic effects if it's fermented. But, yeah, soy prevents the absorption of many minerals and nutrients and is usually high in aluminum. High doses of aluminum is linked to Alzheimers.

Fortunately, the health benefits outweigh negative effects when soy is used in moderation and fermented.

H

HLTguest

Didn't the Japanese used to eat a lot of soy? And didn't they have one of the lowest cancer rates? They seemed to live a lot longer if I remember hearing correctly. So soy causing cancer doesn't really make sense if this is true. I'm no expert though, so I could be wrong obviously.

sammy

Reaction score
HLTguest said:

Its pretty f*cked up, one study says its helps cancer grow the other says it prevents cancer who to belive sh*t knows.... but total agree that they cant make up there mind

Note for people doing the studies wake up to your selfs! you f*cks make up your minds, you do this type of sh*t to much......

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Well as Doctor said, when it's fermented properly it's OK!

The key word being "properly". I seldom trust Soy products that I consume, in the hands of others. Thus, I do not consume them.

The Japs do eat a lot of Soy however they also eat a lot of everything else in particular green leafy vegetables. All around the Jap diet is healthier by leaps and bounds compared to the standardized Western diet.

Personally I will stay away from Soy because of the aforementioned I am not willing to risk toxicity.

There are umpteen amounts of other foods that are highly beneficial to human health and in which do not carry dark clouds as does Soy.

whereisthecure

Reaction score
It's crazy to think that a natural food is bad for your health. The japanes who eat soy like crazy are the healthiest people in the world. Some of them live 100+ years. I think the half of the food in the stores is twice as bad as soy because of it's engreadients. Every chocolate bar is full of sh*t witch causes a lot of damage to your health but you'll never read "snickers is bad for you" or "coca cola is bad for your health". But when it comes to cheap natural food it's always unhealthy.

sammy

Reaction score
Hi,

people that live 100+ eating soy would be growing there own? "thought"

would there be any difference to the soy we buy in the shops? thought there would be as the fruit we buy in the super markets are crap (missing vitamins etc...) compard to home grown fruit.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Over Reaction

I think this whole Soy causes cancer discovery is an over reaction.

Read this document published by the cancer foundation of Australia.

http://www.cancercouncil.com.au/html/he ... cancer.pdf

In summary, they recommend including soy in your diet. In fact they say soy can help prevent breast and prostate cancer. All they are saying is that soy supplements should be avoided.

As witrh every type of food, soy should be just be one element in an overall balanced diet and should not be consumed in excess.

Sounds like common sense to me.

Sorry if this post offends anyone. It is just that I have read many posts where people are claiming that soy causes cancer and should be avoided all together. These people are either misimformed, very gullible or like to over react.