Sore nips after only hours?

albinoBOB

Reaction score
Whats going on here? Im a 20 year old healthy lad. I took my first pill of Proscar (1 mg) this morning. At right around 4pm the(to same afternoon day) my left nipple, mostly a little deeper under the nipple, is getting sore rather quickly. Its the kind of sore you get when you are a kid going through puberty. Is it normal for a side effect to come on so quickly? Just to stop it before it starts... im not a moron who just thinks my nip is sore cause im dreading the side effects. It just seems strange to me is all. Is this something that others felt and it went away as the body adapted? Am I a mutant side effect responder?

P.S. its not your nips that are sore its mine so if you have something stupid to say to make me feel worse and raise your post count (which seems to be a common trend here) then post it somewhere else.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Honestly...It's impossible for that large of a hormone shift to happen that quicky from finasteride.
I'm not saying your imagining the pain, but chances are it's unrelated to finasteride.
And think about it...posting possible side effects a few hours after popping your first pill does sound quite paranoid so expect those "stupid" comments to fly :D

Deaner

Reaction score
Yea, geez, it's only been a few hours, what were you thinking? :p hahahaha...

albinoBOB

Reaction score
just seems a little weird that its the first time since I was like 14 that its felt like that. ah well...

Tommy2tyme

Reaction score
my nips are sore everyday under the nipple and I have been on finasteride for 6 weeks. Hope I dont have the gyno.

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
19 years old took my first pill of 1mg proscar today *seriously
reading this thread is making my nips sore

albinoBOB

Reaction score
I wouldent say something to get people worried. The last thing I do is sit on this board coming up with bullshit for people to talk about.

I know what hurts in my body and what dosent. Im not saying its gyno... just some sore titties that I havent had in a LONG LONG time and I also happened to take finasteride today for the first time in my life. Im no retred and can put two and two together. And its not like I have large ones. Im a rather skinny kid. 6 foot 172 lbs.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
G

expect a shed around 8 - 9.30 pm and if your lucky full regrowth by the morning.

best of luck

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Honestly...It's impossible for that large of a hormone shift to happen that quicky from finasteride.
Hmm I think impossible is too strong of a word. Highly unlikely and extremly rare if that. Is it possible? WHy not? Simple meds like Advil are in your system within minutes and changes chemical balances throughout the body why couldn't finesterate have a huge impact on his?

Maybe he's allergic?

Are u taking the whole thing?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
tynanW said:
expect a shed around 8 - 9.30 pm and if your lucky full regrowth by the morning.

genius, pure genius. :lol:

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Matgallis said:
BadHairDecade said:
Simple meds like Advil are in your system within minutes and changes chemical balances throughout the body why couldn't finesterate have a huge impact on his?

Maybe he's allergic?

hmm nipple pain as an allergic reaction to finasteride...ok I highly doubt that :wink:

albinoBOB

Reaction score
sh*t.. i forgot I was posting in the jokes section of the hair loss forums.

All I really needed was a response if it had happened to you. Not a smart *** remark just so you can get your counts up. Posting at every chance you get dosent make your hair grow any faster and Im pretty sure thats why you came here back in the day.

There is a small lump under my left nipple. Keep cracking them off but given the fact I havent ever had anything like that in my life it seems like its gotta be something.

How about this for a thought? Keep your mouth shut unless this question pertains to you.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
No It's not a common side effect even after years of treatment let alone 8 hours of treatment. Go to the Dr. and tell him/her that your experiencing gyno symptoms within 8 hours of taking finasteride.
Not to scare you but if you're developing a lump in your chest within one day, I'd be more worried about breast cancer as your main concern.
When I got my gyno checked by my Dr, that was my main concern.
I seriously doubt it is finasteride related.

question: first you implied you experienced it when going through puberty. Then in your last post you said you've never experienced anything like that in your life.
Which is it?

albinoBOB

Reaction score
Well as a kid... just like other kids I know including all my roomates I live with now... every once in a while I would get a little sore under my nip. Ive asked around and I know alot of people that had expierenced it. I guess I mean my mature life. Since the buld of puberty (getting outa middle school) I havent had anything like it.

Im going to take it for atleast a week and see what happens.

G

albinoBOB said:
sh*t.. i forgot I was posting in the jokes section of the hair loss forums.

All I really needed was a response if it had happened to you. Not a smart *** remark just so you can get your counts up. Posting at every chance you get dosent make your hair grow any faster and Im pretty sure thats why you came here back in the day.

the link between hair growth and post counts is a more established one than the link between single finasteride doses and visable hormonal side effects.

albinoBOB said:
There is a small lump under my left nipple. Keep cracking them off but given the fact I havent ever had anything like that in my life it seems like its gotta be something.

Go and see your doctor, it is impossible to develop gyno a few hours after a single dose of finasteride.

albinoBOB said:
How about this for a thought? Keep your mouth shut unless this question pertains to you.

single milligram of finasteride = gyno + mood swings.