Someone please help, going nuts.

budwardo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have posted on here many times about my hair loss. I was just diagnosed with low test, im 37btw. Anyway, Im losing hundreds of hairs per day, my loss is diffuse but is starting to follow the male pattern baldness form. The top of my head burns and stings and EVERY time i touch my head slightly I loose at leat 4 hairs, at least. I lost over 75 just brushing after my shower last night. And during the day I lost at least 100, not allowing for the ones I did not count. I loose both thick and thin hairs. I have started on 1mg of proscar per day about 1 week ago. I do not be seem to be loosing hair off the side and back of my head like I was before. In fact i think my sideburns are starting the thicken up. I just lost over 30 hairs just sitting here typing this. The burning and itching is insane. I do not know how to handle this. I have been on sythroid for over 1 year now and my levels are stabilized at 2.16. I also loose eyebrows, alot. My hair is less than half dense as before, when wet it looks bald. My hairline is gone so I brush my hair foward to hide it. Even when the wind blows I can actually feel my hair. Most of the lost hairs are white at the ends, almost like they just died. I guess Ill give the propecia a shot while on hrt therapy. I know its not from the hight test levels. Anyway sorry about the long post, I just dont know what to do, especially about the burning and itching, ive tried nizoral, ect. ect.

cuebald

Reaction score
Did you start losing after you started on hrt? You say you've been on hrt a year - were you losing hair a year ago or has it only recently started? Maybe you were always predisposed to male pattern baldness but low test levels slowed it down majorly - now that your levels are normal, male pattern baldness is kicking in as it should. finasteride should stop it anyway, mind you I shedded twice as many hairs in the first month of finasteride.

budwardo

Established Member
Reaction score
no just started hrt last week. hair loss is still going on since accutane over 2 years ago