Someone Please Explain How Solutions Work As Drug Carriers

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The language used in research is so repetetive, and its goals so similar across each article, that I've found it impossible to learn about certain things.

I understand that nano/micro particles/vesicles/spheres are a method of drug encapsulation that can let a drug enter the body in various ways, depending on the properties of the carrier. This stuff, liposomes, ethosomes, strikes me as a high tech, expensive method of drug delivery that you read more about in articles than on hair loss forums.

Then you have those struggling with hair loss, mixing their drugs with ethanol/propylene glycol and stuff like that.

I can easily envision a drug inside a microparticle, but I'm having a harder time visualizing what a drug looks like in a solution like ethanol or propylene glycol.

Does the drug just flow freely in the solution? Are microparticles necessary? A visual comparison between particles vs. solutions as drug carriers would be appreciated

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically, I want to understand the manner in which a drug dissolved in a solution is released, in comparison to how microparticles release a drug or are taken in by cells.