Someone make me feel better please...

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm two months into .5mg of Finpecia and haven't checked my hair out in the mirror since starting Finpecia. I decided to go take a look and my hair is at its all time worst. My temples look almost bare and receding even more. It looks like an f'n island is forming! I know you're supposed to shed and things are supposed to get worse before they get better but this is making me feel like crap. I'm only 23 and it's such a pain to be dealing with this. :-x

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if it makes you feel better i'm 21, should have started treatment when i was 20. i'm sure you know this, but at 2 months finasteride won't show much in terms of results.

take another look in 2 months, then 2 months after that.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I started Propecia, it was not until month 4 that I saw regrowth, and it was much more obvious in month 5. Maybe add Maxi-Hair to your regimen, folks say it makes your hair grow faster. I'm using taking it right now, bought it from http://www.vitacost.com.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
almost 5 weeks on 1mg and my hairline is setting new speed records in recession/thinning. I think without treatment it would have taken 1 year to do what my treatment did in a fraction of the time.

Anyway my money is on science, just gotta wait it out... I'm thinking of shaving my head also or at least something very very short.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you have to take finasteride type stuff for a minimum of 6 months and take pictures. My wife noticed the difference before I did.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Suffering the same here at almost 2 months :( Really hope its near as bad as it gets before it get better if its going to get better..have to keep faith somehow..

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for improvement. I just wish it would come soon. I hate staying away from mirrors, pictures, reflections, etc because I know its just gonna depress me.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it for 6 months - it held pretty steady for 3 months with very slow continued shedding, then abruptly nosedived into looking like crap with massive frontal loss, then held steadily at that level of crap for 3 months, and now I'm having hair come out like crazy again (it's fine everywhere but the front, where if I put my fingers through it I get about 10 hairs on them every time, even though it's already see-through level of thin). I am thinking in my case it most definitely didn't work, but I'll wait for a year to be up before forming any definite conclusions or doing something else (even though at this rate I will have a hairline on the top of my head in another 6 months).

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
Packers said:
I'm hoping for improvement. I just wish it would come soon. I hate staying away from mirrors, pictures, reflections, etc because I know its just gonna depress me.

Dude, I am im with you. I wont look at myself in pictures, videos, or anything like that. Last time I did I didnt wont to leave the house for three days.