Some Tips?

Ol'MacDee

Reaction score
I'm 26 and just finally realized I've inherited my old mans bald gene. I've decided I ain't going down without a fight though. Anyways, I just picked up some generic 5% Minoxidil and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to use this stuff effectivly. My thinning is the worst on the top of my head and the crown. Problem is I have kind of longer hair. Its about 5 inches long. I feel like when I use the spray its just spraying on my hair and not getting to my scalp very well, but when I tried the dropper it just got lost in the long hair and I couldn't tell what I doing. The directions with the stuff didn't really help out to much. Also I was curious about whether I have to wash hair products out of my hair before I put on the minoxidil at night time. I use styling gel and a pretty greasy pomade. And one more question, does anyone have any suggestions for what to do about fixing that crappy balding hair I've got on top of my head. You know the stuff. Its real course and strawlike. Is there any shampoo thats specially designed to help make that hair look better? I'd REALLY appreciate any suggestions!

johnboy

Reaction score
I am fairly new to this too. My hair was about 4 to 5 inches long a while ago and it looked like sh*t on the crown and in the front. so I got the razor out and buzzed it all, scared the hell out of me at first but I began to like it. I have been taking propecia for almost a year and using monoxidil for about one month i plan on continuing. I began experiencing some dandruf and my scalped itched like hell so I bought some nizoral shampoo at wallgreens and I like it. I have heard of Toppik and if used right it looks pretty good. I havent tried it, i try to look for products that offer me concrete results. I have heard of xandrox but heard mixed things. I want it all back. I'd settle for most, though. Best of luck

Ol'MacDee

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys! It looks like that applicator will help me out so I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks again.