some quick help regarding propecia start-up

hulltras

Reaction score
i am 20, been experiencing slow but gradual frontal hair-loss for the past 3 yrs. finally decieded enough is enough. saw my GP 3 months ago and told him the situation, he said come back if it gets worse (he dismissed the idea that i had male pattern baldness but i know i have.)

i am going to ask him to prescribe me propecia/proscar/finesteride when i return home next week. my question to you all is, will he be able to give it to me free??

secondly this 'shedding' business worries me. what i understand is that at the 6month mark you shed a fair amout of hair, but then if your lucky it comes back stronger and in more volume??? right?

lastly i am going to use minoxidyl just on the front of m hair-line where it is going. is it best to use regaine, minoxidyl or could you suggest anything??

i would be most gratefull if some-one could quickly help.

thank-you

freddie.

G

He won't give it for free. Try to push for Proscar. It will be a private prescritpion. Are you from the UK?

hulltras

Reaction score

yes from the UK.

proscar is the form you have to cut yourself and propecia the tablet commercial form right?? any difference between the two except price?

if i cant get it for freecan you suggest where i ca buy it for the cheapest

thanks for your quick reply

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
this will probably be moved. But it is best to use any kind of minoxidil along with nizoral or T/gel shampoo for the itching. or if you want you can go to Dr. Lee's website at http://www.xandrox.com and order from him. His stuff is itch free from what i hear. Im not sure about the prices though, i order mine generically from online

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
djrico123 said:
secondly this 'shedding' business worries me. what i understand is that at the 6month mark you shed a fair amout of hair, but then if your lucky it comes back stronger and in more volume??? right?

No, in my opinion the large majority of finasteride users DO NOT shed hair above what they would normally shed.

Sheds are over reported on hair loss forums, it would be completely norma l for you to start the medication and never see an increase in normal day to day shedding.