some good tips

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
my current regimine is the following (it's a lot of stuff i know but it works for me and my hair has really improved :

wake up, take 1/4 of a proscar tablet, (drink a protein shake)

lunch time - eat lunch, take a hair pill and a zinc tablet

afternoon - eat, take a centrum multivitamin, go to the gym and work out for at least an hour and a half

later - eat (preferably something with a lot of protein) and take 1 biotin and 2 iron tablets, and a protein shake

minoxidil - on work days, i apply it at around 10 at night..then again at 3 am in the morning..i wash the minoxidil off with t gel intensive anti flake dandruff control shampoo before i go out to work ..applying it at 3 am is a pain in the ***, but at least i don't have to worry about applying it throughout the day. on friday and saturday night i apply it later because i don't have to work in the morning. just make sure you have it on for at least 4 hours after every application

this regimine has worked very well for me and it's pretty cheap. well the supplements i mean. each bottle of biotin, zinc, biotin, etc... costs like 5 dollars each for a 3 month supply. i honestly don't reccomend saw palmetto. it made me shed every now and then and when i stopped using it my hair got better.. finasteride alone is enough. anyways, hope this helps

one more thing,..i highly reccomend shampooing your hair with preferably t gel intensive anti flake dandruff shampoo at least 6 days a week. i've been doing this a long time and my scalp is great. you should do this especially if you use minoxidil. washing your hair every other day, you'll notice that you'll shed more hair unlike the few hairs you'll shed shampooing every day. mostly because your hair gets attached the the dead skin or dandruff and falls out. use t gel and prevent dandruff. the supplements will not prevent baldness but it'll make your hair thicker and stronger. or at least it did to my hair. i dropped nizoral and i'm happy i did. didn't help my scalp at all and personally my hair has gotten better because t gel cleaned my scalp a lot better. big three for me is finasteride, minoxidil and t gel..screw nizoral

below are some good tips that i've come across and used and have improved my hair. hopefully it helps some of you as well..

A Recipe For Healthy Hair
By Joanne Elliott

Forget hair revitalizing shampoos, great nutrition is the most effective way of getting awesome hair!

Shiny, healthy hair is a reflection of a healthy body, so it's like two for the price of one. Just like your body, your hair needs a balanced, nutritious diet to stay healthy. So follow this recipe for healthier hair, and be amazed at the difference it makes!

Water

Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a strand of hair. Moisture makes the hair supple, so make sure you get plenty of fluids. A key point is NOT to wait until you're thirsty. If you're thirsty, it means your body has already lost more water than it should have, and it's urging you to fill up the tank. Water not only hydrates your body, but helps keep your hair silky and shiny. Ideally, you should drink between eight and ten glasses of water a day.

Protein

Protein is the building block of hair, so a diet for healthy hair contains an awful lot of protein! Protein will give the shaft of your hair more strength, and will reduce the likelihood of dame through snapping and splitting. You can get protein from foods like fish, meat, milk, cheese and cereals.

Minerals

Iron helps to carry oxygen to the hair. Without enough iron, hair and its follicles get starved of oxygen. This means that the ‘goodness’ in the root of your hair is much less effective along the length of the strand. You can increase your iron intake by eating red meat and dark green vegetables, or by iron supplements.
Zinc builds hair protein which helps to prevent hair loss. Meat and seafood are the foods highest in zinc.
Copper is involved in the pigmentation of hair. You can optimize your natural color with a diet with plenty of copper. Who needs hair dye and fake color! Shellfish, liver, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat are all high in copper.
Vitamins

Vitamin A will give you a healthy scalp, because it’s great for the skin! You can get vitamin A from foods like vegetables - in particular, in carrots. (So it’s good for the waistline too!)
Vitamin B and C are important for good circulation, hair growth and hair color. If you ensure that you have enough vitamin B and C, you’ll have strong, supple strands of hair that do not split. You can get these vitamins from eating foods like fruit, vegetables, cereals, eggs, milk and bread.
So follow this healthy guide… be sure to add in a hefty dose of daily exercise to keep that blood pumping… then add proper hair care on the surface!

How To Reverse Hair Loss

These are helpful tips to help regenerate hair follicles, but they do not cure any underlying conditions, or stress-related hair loss.

* Try drinking this - blend bananas with honey, yoghurt & low-fat milk. A drink rich in biotin can help keep your crowning glory firmly rooted.

* Take dietary supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc & saw palmetto. Supplements are useful when you can't get enough from natural food sources.

* Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.

* Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair!

* Get enough sleep.

Foods that seem to be harmful to your hair

There are some foods that you should avoid and replace them with fresh fruits and vegetables.

Why? To ensure that the hair that is forming beneath the surface of your scalp is healthy.

So, the foods to avoid include too many sweets, chocolate, cakes and cookies. Unfortunately, these favorites simply don't help your hair.

use non alcohol based gels, try drying your hair with a hairdryer on high but on the cool setting...you'll not only dry your hair out in almost the same way as on the high hot setting but it won't damage your hair as if it were on hot

if your hair is wet, don't comb it..dry it first..you won't break your hair, etc... if you must brush your hair when wet, get a hairbrush not a comb. i highly reccomend one

exercise

Dandruff

How To Get Rid Of Dandruff

Cure for dandruff:
* Vinegar is poured into the hair, massaged into the scalp, and left to dry for a few minutes.
* Then the hair is washed.
* The process is repeated daily until the dandruff disappears, usually within a few days.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
I think we can pretty much close this site down now.

no offense, but i have yet to read a useful post posted by you..seems to me that instead of looking for info. or posting things to help others, you spend your life on this board because you have nothing better to do. sad

G

ix said:
no offense, but i have yet to read a useful post posted by you..seems to me that instead of looking for info. or posting things to help others, you spend your life on this board because you have nothing better to do. sad

HairLossTalk.com site is a source of accurate information for people fighting male pattern baldness, many things are disscussed here and you do get a sense that the whole issue is slowly being moved forward, I really can't see what cutting and pasting a large chunk of sh*t from a womens beauty-tips website, where the only DHT they have heard of is probably a brand of nail polish, is going to tell people?

ix said:
There are some foods that you should avoid and replace them with fresh fruits and vegetables.---Why? To ensure that the hair that is forming beneath the surface of your scalp is healthy.---So, the foods to avoid include too many sweets, chocolate, cakes and cookies. Unfortunately, these favorites simply don't help your hair.

What the f*** has that told us? Don't eat sweets no reasons, no explanations, no science just Don't eat sweets.

and this, under the heading of How To Reverse Hair Loss

ix said:
These are helpful tips to help regenerate hair follicles, but they do not cure any underlying conditions, or stress-related hair loss.

* Try drinking this - blend bananas with honey, yoghurt & low-fat milk. A drink rich in biotin can help keep your crowning glory firmly rooted.

:shock: if only someone told me that 5 years ago, damn!

and this nuget of wisdom:

ieggs said:
* Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.

any proof that this works ? any info on what promoting blood circulation to the head does or is this just something you copied from a womens beauty-tips website ?

Ty

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good info, but most of it is about keeping hair healthy. not maintaining it or blocking DHT. My hair is pretty healthy but that doesn't mean sh*t since DHT is raping my hair.

DHT > vitiamins, minerals, excercise

THe sad and depressing truth

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
uh.. did any of you read how i said this has worked for me and how that's why i posted it? to help people who don't spend their lives on this board to the point where they heard it all again and again. you guys do what you want. those tips have made my hair a lot better and healthier...mostly the vitamin supplements. obviously this helps ..i never said it stopped baldness.. it said so in my post. this along with finasteride and minoxidil works wonders. and tynan. not all of the people here live their lives on this board like you do ..some might actually find this info useful because they just visit to get some new info. who gives a sh*t though right.. is there a reason you act high and mighty on this board..or do you not realize all you are is a messageboard troll?

by the way, i did copy and paste that,..but i don't do most of it. i don't have time to take out certain things

G

ix said:
is there a reason you act high and mighty on this board..or do you not realize all you are is an messageboard troll?

sorry if I have offended you ix

ix said:
some might actually find this info useful because they just visit to get some new info

I just don't think cut and pasting Don't eat sweets from a womans beauty-tip website is really moving on the sum of knowledge on this site, that's all.

You can always tell someone with little faith in their argument when they quickly resort to personal insults.

It would be more useful for people visiting this site for you to explain why sweets are a poor dietry addition in the fight against male pattern baldness or how inverting your head while shampooing is of benifit rather than calling someone who disagrees with you a 'troll'

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont disagree with what Ix said but i do think half the stuff that was said was based on opinion......i have yet to hear how if you take a biotin pill it will REVERSE hair loss...or how if you promote blood circulation to the head it will make a difference......i would like to see that explained thats all.......i could say i sh*t on myself and it helped hairloss doesnt make it true though.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
talking like that, i guess you're not that bad..like i said, i copied and pasted it. i didn't mean to put everything there but hey..i was too lazy to read the whole thing again and cut out the things that aren't valid. but most of what i posted is what worked for me ..do you get it now? if someone wants to try it.. great. if someone doesn't, fine. but for you to say i attacked you,..have you read your posts to me? don't be a hypocrite

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
blue said:
i dont disagree with what Ix said but i do think half the stuff that was said was based on opinion......i have yet to hear how if you take a biotin pill it will REVERSE hair loss...or how if you promote blood circulation to the head it will make a difference......i would like to see that explained thats all.......i could say i sh*t on myself and it helped hairloss doesnt make it true though.

it never said that it reversed hairloss..you should read my post again. it helped make your hair healthier. obviously for hairloss you should stick with finasteride and minoxidil. the other things help thicken your hair.. read what it says about iron, zinc, etc...it helped my hair. just thought i'd let others who are deciding on what supplements to take along with their regimine should take to help their hair stay strong

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well you didnt say it reversed it but the guy who wrote what you copied had that under "things that reverse hairloss"..but i can def. see your point in the supplements..vitamins do help.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
it does? than that's my mistake. i didn't read it again..just copied and pasted it. anyways, i just tried to help. for whoever wants to try it..great,..if not , just don't

G

ix said:
talking like that, i guess you're not that bad..like i said, i copied and pasted it. i didn't mean to put everything there but hey..i was too lazy to read the whole thing again and cut out the things that aren't valid.

hhhmmm, so what passes for good advice in fighting male pattern baldness is some general hair information cut and pasted from a womans beauty-tips website by someone who is too lazy too read it himself or bother to remove invalid information.

Have you ever thought of doing a book?

ix said:
but for you to say i attacked you,..have you read your posts to me? don't be a hypocrite

yes I have read my posts to you, I even wrote them!

recognise this....

ix said:
you spend your life on this board because you have nothing better to do. sad

or this...

ix said:
is there a reason you act high and mighty on this board

or this...

ix said:
do you not realize all you are is a messageboard troll?

So lets sum up here...you basically post a load of sh*t you dug up from some womans website, don't check any of it and complain bitterly when someone has the cheek to say that it's not really very good, your tactic then is not to back any of your 'great tips' up with information or science, but to shout "hey it worked for me and you are just a sad troll with no life"

Good Luck ix

P.S great avatar

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
look, i'm not going to argue with you. i'm about to go out and do something meaningful with my time. how you take what i say to help people and twist it like you do because your life sucks and you have to say something negative all the time is your choice. i can tell you're one of those people that'll drag this out as long as you can until the other person loses interest. well, unlike you, i can't be here all the time..so you win. happy? now take that and a 5 cents and buy yourself a cookie. later

G

ix said:
look, i'm not going to argue with you

hhhmmm.. the classic I'm not going to argue with you followed by your argument combo.

thanks for letting me 'win' ix, that's good of you.

Ty

misterium

Reaction score
Damn, that IS a classic prefix to an argument.. come to think of it...