Some Advice- Telling A Loved One About Propecia

Robert Huxley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, first post here, just looking for some helpful advice.

Noticed aged around 27 that I was quickly receding at the front and losing hair at the crown- quite a sudden onset. Have used Propeca for the past 5 years since then with good results very quickly.

Currently take Propecia 1mg twice weekly which seems to work well for me, actually thinking of even trying weekly.

My main dilemma is that earlier this year I met a girl, she's incredible, and we are now having a child together. I see honesty and openness as essential in a relationship, but I'm worried about telling her that I'm using Propecia, especially as she is quite health anxious and will probably tell me to stop if she read online horror stories. I feel a little bit stuck, as I'm so happy with the results its given me, and I'm taking it at quite a low dose, but I don't know if I can tell her. This has been on my mind quite a lot and I feel is stopping me from being fully "present" Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Are you trying to have a baby with her now? I would just pause taking finasteride while you're trying and then restart after some period of time. Talk with your doctor beforehand just to be safe.

Robert Huxley

My Regimen
Reaction score
She ix pregnant already, no issues there.

My main q was about telling your partner your using propecia, especially one who is quite anxious and would probably catastrophes about possible effects etc! Have others told their partners about propecia use or kept to themselves?

I really would rather keep my hair a bit longer!

Thanks.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Well, if she is already pregnant, Im not sure what the point would be to tell her now. If you have side effects, then it would make sense to tell her to explain where the side effects came from. Otherwise, I wouldn't necessarily say anything.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, first post here, just looking for some helpful advice.

Noticed aged around 27 that I was quickly receding at the front and losing hair at the crown- quite a sudden onset. Have used Propeca for the past 5 years since then with good results very quickly.

Currently take Propecia 1mg twice weekly which seems to work well for me, actually thinking of even trying weekly.

My main dilemma is that earlier this year I met a girl, she's incredible, and we are now having a child together. I see honesty and openness as essential in a relationship, but I'm worried about telling her that I'm using Propecia, especially as she is quite health anxious and will probably tell me to stop if she read online horror stories. I feel a little bit stuck, as I'm so happy with the results its given me, and I'm taking it at quite a low dose, but I don't know if I can tell her. This has been on my mind quite a lot and I feel is stopping me from being fully "present" Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

I read she is already pregnant. Doesnt propecia say dont try to get pregnant. It can have an affect on the baby?!

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude not trying to be rude, but did you read the instructions of finasteride before starting use?

should get off finasteride when trying to conceive - birth defects (incredibly weak scientific data)
pregnant women should not come into contact with finasteride