Solo´s history

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
(first of all, pardon for my english, not my first language)

24y old.

Norwood 1, but diffuse loss for 6 years, more noticeable at top-vertex, also thin over the ears and over the neck, very very slow progression. Almost at the same point now than 6 years ago, but I´m tired of my poor looking hair that cannot be weared long or styled in cool ways, and also tired of having the damocles-sword of sudden aggravation of male pattern baldness over my head so I´m gonna give this sh*t a go and fix my hair for the next few years. Here are my arguments:

1mg finasteride (1/6 Proscar) for 4 months.

minoxidil (generic 5%) for a year and a half with poor results.

Nizoral 2% for a month. Great for my scalp, the end of my oil!!

My hair got worse about month 3, no shed detected becouse I promised myself not to have the "hair-count-fixation" (no good for yer brain), I noticed becouse i got a shorcut and things were bad up there, so i buzzed it. Good looking becouse I have no receeding. The sh*t is growing and, so far, it looks good, I´m finding slight thickening and recovery from the month 3 disaster. Also the dermatologist told me i have seb derm, so I think the recent use of nizoral, that is beating my grease quite well, is gonna help a lot. I´ve always have the (irrational) perception that the oil in my scalp has a principal role in my poor density, so I´m waiting to see what happens without it, and without much DHT. Also I´m expecting to switch from 2xday minoxidil to 1xday, for comfort. minoxidil has never done nothing spectacular on me, but I think it does no harm, and 1x day, from now, is not a big deal. Maybe with finasteride, it could act in a sinergical manner. Hopes, coulds and wishes, you see. But I strongly believe in perseverance. It´s a thing that always brings a gift under his arm.

Family history (hey, I got some extra-time and i wanna talk!!) :

-My mother´s side grandpa is as bald as Pamela Anderson´s pussy (but not as sweet). My mom even has got a thin hair. I´m afraid I have the same type of hair my grandpa have, he was full-norwooded by the age of 25!!

-My father, the lucky bastard, is a no-norwood 50y old bussiness man with luscious curly hair. It hits my balls when I think about it.

So, that´s it. I will update every month or so with my news. I hope it helps to everyone. And, if I learned anything on this whole male pattern baldness thing is if you panic, make it a bigger-than-life matter and get depressed you are doing nothing, just take action. I think these days almost everyone is able to find a solution (meds, hair transplant, concealer...) that suits him, it´s just trying.

Good luck and better results to everyone!!!

HairSolo