So how's everyone?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted here (I responded to Aplunk's post so this post is inspired by him). I haven't been here because I've been busy preparing for things, working and getting life back on track. How's things here?

It's been a year after finishing college. It was difficult getting a job because my interview skills sucked and the recession. I've been working a temp job in data entry at a Citi branch in my hometown. So far, I've been networking in various departments and making friends there. I work full-time and have been getting help from my brother-in-law who is in HR with improving skills and being more marketable. So far it's helped me out a lot. If there's one thing I learned over this year, it's how to market yourself.

I've also been saving up quite a bit of money to move out into an apartment once I secure work in another department (that's perm and not temp). I admit to being jealous due to most of my friends having their own place and I'm still at home. But the bright side is I'll have more money when I move out. Probably will diversify some savings to build up some money.

Decided to stop being heavy and joined Weight Watchers. I know what you guys are thinking, but it does work for everyone. I dropped 53 lbs in 7 months and am back to good shape (joined a week after my 25th B-day). I'm running 5ks and doing 5 pull-ups now with no problem. This October a few days before my B-day, I'll be doing the Marine Corps Marathon 10K with my older brother. I forgot how fun running is.

With hair loss, I just accepted my Norwood 5 fate and got it buzzed at my aunt's salon. I saw there are worse things I've been through than hair loss. I rarely get a joke from co-workers about it. But I still remain hopeful something will come out.

So yeah, things are looking bright...

How's the rest of the forum?

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
that first job out of college is the hardest to land, especially with the recession. getting your foot in the door with a temp job, and networking as much as possible is a very good way to start.. don't worry too much about your interview skills... everyone gets nervous.

getting back in shape must be a big confidence booster, congrats. seems to me you have the right mind set.....