Slowing Down Minoxidil Usage

Cowboy

Reaction score
Been using minoxidil for 8 monthes now and have seen some results at the front of the hairline, and I'm almost positive some of the thinner white hairs that have sprouted up have gotten thicker and become regular hairs. Overall, I still have not seen the results I anticipated, however it has been only 8 monthes and it is a long process.

My question is, I've slowed down the minoxidil application to about 1 time per day, and sometimes I miss a day or two due to my schedule and lifestyle. I remember, reading that if you STOP using minoxidil, 4 monthes or less will go by and you will loose the hair you gained while on minoxidil. But what if you just slow the dosage down, such as I have, would I be able to do that in order to maintain my hair at this point with some slow, gradual results?

As a college grad that is currently umemployed, I'm having a hard time with my funding department.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
My guess is, and this is ONLY a guess, yes you can maintain doing what you say. Maybe even some regrowth. Once a day ain't all that bad Cowboy IMHO. The key words being "in my opinion".

fallout

Reaction score
If its the lifestyle thats keeping you from regular applications, consider using the minoxidil sprays available. Can you spare 10 seconds to apply?
I used Dr Lewenberg's product for 7 years at a 2% concentration. Dr. Klein sells a 5% minoxidil spray.