Skin layer grown from human stem cells could replace animals in drug, cosmetics testi

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Lauster from the University of Berlin already used stem cells to create artificial skin with hair follicles that grew hair years ago. His work was part of the European Unions initiative to end animal testing.

But as usual, nothing happened with his findings and no hair loss cure was made.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Most stuff like this will take decades to get into large scale use if it ever does to make any difference. I dont see the pay off for stem cells happening for at least a decade or more. This stuff just moves at a turtle pace

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most stuff like this will take decades to get into large scale use if it ever does to make any difference. I dont see the pay off for stem cells happening for at least a decade or more. This stuff just moves at a turtle pace

To be fair though, Dr. Lauster's Phd student is presenting a bioreactor that is supposedly growing follicles from stem cells, EN MASS. If that device works as I anticipate it, holy mother of god... we could create the necessary 20,000 follicles to convert a Norwood 7 back to a Norwood 0 in such a short time.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
To be fair though, Dr. Lauster's Phd student is presenting a bioreactor that is supposedly growing follicles from stem cells, EN MASS. If that device works as I anticipate it, holy mother of god... we could create the necessary 20,000 follicles to convert a Norwood 7 back to a Norwood 0 in such a short time.

And how would a NW7 get a cosmetically good looking hairline? I just wonder if it all works, maybe it might looks fake for huge procedures. Kinda like fake boobs :D

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how would a NW7 get a cosmetically good looking hairline? I just wonder if it all works, maybe it might looks fake for huge procedures. Kinda like fake boobs :D

That's the absolute least of my concern, however you'll need a hair transplant doctor and the work will depend on the doctor at hand. Whoever is doing the hairline on me though, wouldn't matter... ANYTHING would be better than what I currently have to live with.