Since I’ve stopped dutasteride, my nose spot has gone.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
LiveHair said:
What I do know though, is that Gunner might be sharing his IP address with THOUSANDS of other users.
Yes but what are the chances that they all hang out and post 50+ times on the HairlossTalk forums? I mean Id love to believe we are that popular but ...

LiveHair

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
LiveHair said:
What I do know though, is that Gunner might be sharing his IP address with THOUSANDS of other users.
Yes but what are the chances that they all hang out and post 50+ times on the HairlossTalk forums? I mean Id love to believe we are that popular but ...

Well, according to http://www.uk-isp-directory.co.uk/reviews/NTL.shtml NTL is one of the largest ISP's in the UK and have over 500.000 customers. I don't know how many HairLossTalk.com users there are in the UK, but 5-10 NTL users using your service is not all that much is it?
:wink:

LiveHair

LiveHair

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Snippet-- My understanding (and this could be very wrong) is that if an ISP uses dynamic IP addresses, then the chances of 6 different people using the same rather obscure hair loss web site having the same IP address is about one in ten billion.

If the ISP assigns static IP addresses, the chances that six different people in the United Kingdom who happen to all have the same ISP all got assigned the same static IP address is also one in ten billion.--snippet

You might want to read up on NAT. NAT may give a dynamic address to each user (might be a local address like 10.0 . . . or 192.168 . . .), but only one global address is shown to the public.

So you might have many dynamic local IP addresses, but one static global address used by these users.

LiveHair

G

LiveHair said:
HairlossTalk said:
LiveHair said:

Well, according to http://www.uk-isp-directory.co.uk/reviews/NTL.shtml NTL is one of the largest ISP's in the UK and have over 500.000 customers. I don't know how many HairLossTalk.com users there are in the UK, but 5-10 NTL users using your service is not all that much is it?
:wink:

LiveHair

Like I say, NTL assign IP's to the same region. I am unsure why.

I bet Distressed, Coldthing and S1mon are on NTL dial-up, like myself.

G

Look, I'm just going to acknowledge the elephant sitting in the middle of the room, because everyone else is too petrified to do it: Gunner was in leage with Lee Harvey Oswald--he was the "magic" bullet. Somehow he both escaped the authorities and the properties of space/time, and he now manifests himself in similarly mystical ways on HairlossTalk.com.

I'm sorry. Someone had to say it.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gunner is everybody. We all are Gunner.

I´m Gunner.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
even if all those are Gunner (who they are), it shouldnt have been revealed by admin. Its his decision to come up in the forum with whatever nickname he wants.

I am not Gunner btw :2gunsfiring_v1:

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
thylax said:
even if all those are Gunner (who they are), it shouldnt have been revealed by admin. Its his decision to come up in the forum with whatever nickname he wants.

I am not Gunner btw :2gunsfiring_v1:

true. At the very least the IP address should not have been revealed. If it was a uniquely assigned address, it could expose his identity throughout his internet activities. It doesn't look it is though.

Not that Gunner would be doing anything naughty on the internet :wink:

G

Gunner,

If I were you I would just browse this site as a guest because any post you make from now on will not be taken seriously.

All the best with your hair loss.

Neil