side effects in young propecia users

smallz

Reaction score
I know everyone responds differently to propecia, but are the chances of permanent side effects as a result of propcia increased in younger patients? for example 18-22? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
There hasn't been a study purely directed at younger people... so i'm not sure. For what its worth, i'm 19 and on finasteride with speradic side effects. Sometimes its there.. most days its not. No gyno tho!

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage----how's the finasteride working out, hair-wise? I plan to start soon and I'm in the above-mentioned age bracket.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair wise... not really much effect yet.. only been on for 2months! My story thingo is in the story section if you want a look..

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i started a few weeks before i turned 18. side effects i had was drop in libido - only a v small one though, and only lasted about a week. it didnt suddenly jump up and down (the libido, that is!) but went up constantly till it was what it was before. after starting finasteride ive never looked back. personally, although this is just my opinion, i reckon finasteride would be easier for people in their late teens/early twenties to handle in terms of side effects - younger peoples bodies are most used to big hormonal changes, after all theyre just finished/finishing puberty.

PearlJam

Reaction score
Well, im on day 5 on finasteride... i'm 20 and could only last 2 minutes having sex last nite... what a f*****g embarresment. That hasnt happened since I was 17...

I dont know whether I can keep up with this...

Maybe beg my parents for money for a hair transplant...

:shock:

Cassin

Reaction score
PearlJam said:
... i'm 20 and could only last 2 minutes having sex last nite... what a f*****g embarresment. That hasnt happened since I was 17...:

No dude, your supposed to use the hole between the legs. The other one is too tight.

Remember.....the one right between the legs.

G

Interesting, I find myself able to last longer since i've been on finasteride and beer.

Cassin

Reaction score
BHD, I was just having fun with his comment ( no offense PeaLjam) but I took it literally as if his equipment failed after 2 minutes. Even though I twisted it to make it seem like he didn't last long.

PearlJam

Reaction score
cassin said:
BHD, I was just having fun with his comment ( no offense PeaLjam) but I took it literally as if his equipment failed after 2 minutes. Even though I twisted it to make it seem like he didn't last long.

Lol... I know which one to use man. But what I meant was I finished after 2 minutes... very lame...

Has this happened to anyone else? I guess this is premature ejaculation right?

G

well not really. i am taking a human sexuality class and premature ejacualation is when you ejaculate before penitration. i'm kinda drunk. f*** it i'll answer it later, my homie is here to pick me up. late

ASUknowit18

Reaction score
Propecia is making me "hornier" than ever...I don't know what the deal is. Im not complaining, either. 8)

This happened to anyone else?

Cassin

Reaction score
PearlJam

I wouldn't worry dude. Sometimes you just gotta go sooner. Happens to us all. For everyguy getting ready to brag how they always last an hour, sometimes you don't even last a whole commercial break. Just the way it goes.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
very true lol. also, pearljam its been reported quite a lot on this site that peoples libidos have gone up and then down and then stablilised while on finasteride. youve only been on it 5 days - of course your bodys not going to be acting the way it normally does, especially regarding sex - your body is currently trying to adjust to altering hormones. give it a little while and ride it out like most people. wouldnt you rather keep your hair and put up with a week or two of inconvenience than drop the most proven treatment for hairloss?