Siberian's Story

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
I started thinning on top around 30. I let it go for a few years, until I finally panicked and started taking Propecia in 2001 at age 36. I also started using 5% minoxidil around the same time. I never used a dandruff shampoo back then.

Within two years, I had regrown most of the hair. It was still a bit thinned, but only I noticed it, and only when I really looked for it. I was always shocked to see old pictures of myself and see how thin it once was. I was thrilled.

Then my wife and I decided to try for a kid, so I stopped taking Propecia about a year ago. After about 9 months of non-use, I noticed that Merck had finally said it was safe to use when trying to conceive, so I started taking it again 3 months ago.

Curiously, at that point, although I could tell I had lost some ground, it didn't seem THAT bad. But over the last three months, since going back on Propecia, I swear it's MUCH worse. I'm pretty much back to where I was before I started treating my hair loss years ago, which seriously sucks.

I'm hoping the stories of shedding when starting Propecia are true, as I've really lost ground in these last 3 months.

Obviously, I'm going to continue taking it regardless. We'll see where I am in another 9 months. I'm also still using minoxidil, and just now added Nizoral to my treatment.

Luckily, it doesn't look nearly as bad in real life (from normal viewing angles) as it does in the pic below.

hair.jpg

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Solid regime-

You should be able to maintain at the least with it, but I bet you'll see regrowth since you've responded so well in the past.

Goodluck!