Should Ru Replace Finasteride And May It Have Been The Optimal Way To Stop Hair Loss?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently started microdosing finasteride topically and was wondering, did I do a mistake by passing on RU58841?

From what I’ve seen, there are horror stories about it (like everything else). That being said, it not being an FDA approved drug made me always cautious about it.

That being said, I see how the fight of hair loss should be fought in the follicular basis, and not the entire body. When it comes to finasteride, the entire thing will accumulate no matter how microdosed it is.

I started thinking yesterday, if Merck didn’t come up with Propecia, and didn’t dominate the market at the time (it was small but still a market nonetheless). Would RU58841 come up as a safe drug and could be used by nearly every male, to prevent androgenetic alopecia?

From what I’ve seen, everyone liked CB0301, but, is it just the shorter half life that makes it different than RU? We may never know, but it kinda sucks that we will never know how safe RU is. It may have been the cure with nearly no systemic absorption, or, it may cause some of the things on the internet.

I really wonder if the RU is the optimal hair loss drug that just got a bad wrap by the scaremongerers.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU goes systemic in a basic vehicle too. And, the binding affinity and its strength as an anti-androgen is nothing to write home about and will unlikely stop hair loss for anyone with even moderate Androgenetic Alopecia. Though of course, the dosage can also matter. Most people use 50-75 mg, but sometimes 100-150 mg is needed to start working.

What I will agree with is that we need more topical anti-androgens, and CB is a step in the right direction, the only problem is it's likely even weaker than RU. If only we had something with the strength of fluta or bicalutamide that degraded once in the bloodstream, now that would be bomb.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long does a substance take to go through the scalp and into the vital parts? As far as I know RU take 1.5 hours to metabolize in the body. Also afaik it can compete with testosterone as well?