Should i take finasteride?

luis_scofield

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Luis, im 25 years old, i started worrying about my hair at 24 when i noticed a slight recession in my hairline. I always had a high hairline , even at 7 years old i looked like i had a mature hairline however i noticed a little bit thinner.Anyway i visited a dermatologist and said that i do have androgenic alopecia however it is very slight so other doctors couldnt see it and she gave me a presciption for minoxidil 5%.I have been using it around 4 or t months and i do see more hair in my hairline however i have been freaking out at the fact that minoxidil might not prevent further hair loss and honestly that **** is expensive and im quite poor.I insisted a lot on finasteride, but she said no because i dont have agressive male pattern baldness and shouldnt risk myself (side effects) with slight hair loss on a strong drug.Im at some point between norwood 1 and 2, my hair is thick, crown is fine. However i dont want new hair, i just want to save my hair, all of it before age 30 at least. I dont care about having a norwood 1,5 or 2 hairline, as long as i mantain thick hair.Im slighty paranoid about it because as i turned 25 i was like "oh im norwood 3 now" but comparing the pics my hairline is pretty much the same.So my question, would it be a smart move to drop minoxidl and go on finasteride instead? its half the price with generic brand and i feel more confident about finasteride since is a dht blocker.