Should I start only with Propecia? (Pictures)

G

Hello guys

I will do a second introduction now that i am going to start with Propecia. Did a first introduction some weeks ago, but after reading a lot of posts and thinking about my case I have some questions and doubts. I hope some of you can help me please.

1) I am going to start with Propecia, and I would like to know if you suggest me to start also with the other 2 big ones, Nizoral and minoxidil 5% in addition to Propecia.

2) Considering I am thinning not only in the top of the head and crown, but also a lot on the temples, and according to merck's site propecia does not works on temples, but only in crown? Please give an advice on this one.

I am losing hair since I was 18. I am 25 now and I could never stop my hairloss. Tried some natural products with no success. Went to many dermatologist with no success.

3) Could you also suggest me a Multivitamin to help even more the Propecia or eventually the 3 big ones treatment i will start?

4) Here are my pictures (taken 1 month ago), i was alittle shy at first about posting my pics, but I think it's really important so other people see my case.

I shaved my head one week ago. Also, it's not the first time i shave my head, shaved it many times for the last 3 years. Looks and feels good to me. I let it grow from time to time, and then shave it again. But I am aware that I am still losing hair. I would like to finally stop this hairloss and let it grow again and don't see a lot of hair in my hand, every time i touch my hair. It has affected my life in some way.

Please give me your opinions, thanks guys.

17qh.jpg

29go.jpg

38tn.jpg

48rt.jpg

58mx.jpg

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, Yes, Yes, start taking Propecia now. The longer you wait the less effected the drug will work. If you started to take Propecia when you where 18 then you would have the hair you had when you were 18 if not that then most of the hair. The reason why people wait so long to start doing something with there hair loss because they think it will stop or there going through something but it will grow back. I dont think you should take minoxidil because it's a lot of work to do and it take 30 minutes to apply it. Start using Nizoral 2% once every other day or every 3 days and see how that works for you. Good look.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
To answer your question: Yes Propecia alone (plus Nizoral) should do the trick for you. Expect to shed. Things will get worse before they get better. This is normal. Ride it out. Give it a full 12 months before you get concerned about results.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Hello HairlossTalk and ACT10Npack.

First, thanks for the answers.

So, should I wait some time before i add minoxidil to my Propecia-Nizoral regimen?

I want to combat my temples and front hairloss, rather than my crown, that's why I asked about a topical in addition to propecia, since most people here say propecia only works in top of the head.

I would really like to use a topical while i'm on Propecia. Maybe Revivogen?

Greetings.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hi goodguy my hair is in a similar situation to yours, but Im a little more advanced than you. My problem (well its not really a problem!) is the hair I do have is quite thick, so I decided against using minoxidil and went for Propecia and Nizoral alone. Only been a few months in so no results yet! Looking at your pictures your really lucky because you have caught your hairloss early on, so theres every chance Propecia is going to keep your hairline for you. As for regrowth on the temples, Merck (the makers of Propecia) do NOT say Propecia doesnt work on the temples, they only say there is insufficient evidence to prove it does work. You see the difference. Look on the Propecia Forum and a few days ago I posted a study conducted by Cipla (the manufactorers of Finpecia, which is the same drug as Propecia) which PROVED that it in fact does work on the temples, although I must point out the study was fairly small (only 300 subjects).
Good luck.

G

Britannia, thanks for your advice :wink:

I have seen the studio you posted, very interesting stuff.

Greetings.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy,

I would also recommend taking only propecia and nizoral to start with. I made the mistake of adding minoxidil around month 6 because I hadn't seen any results with propecia and I thought it wasnt going to work. I stopped taking minoxidil a few weeks ago beacause it made my skin very greasy, made my scalp very dry, increased body hair, and made my beard grow really thick. It was also a hassle to apply it. It did however make my temples start to grow back! But for me the side effects werent worth it.

Propecia alone is working on my hairline. But most of the hair I lost there only occured once I started propecia and experienced shedding. You will shed, so be prepared. And it can take a long time to work, as it did for me. But try it for a year and then decide if minoxidil is needed