Should I reconsult with doctors that rejected me for a transplant?

James8762

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have undergone two previous procedures. The first was a FUT, for 3000 grafts, almost seven years ago. Unfortunately, my first transplant was a failure, so I decided to wait until last year, to get my second transplant, for 4300 grafts, via FUE. Due to the failure of the first transplant, I needed 3000 grafts for just the hairline, and midscalp, leaving only 1300 grafts for the large crown, which was not enough. Anyway, I am delighted with the results of the second procedure, but the crown is still thin, and I was hoping to undergo, a third procedure, to increase density.

I am looking at clinics in Turkey, which is where I had my second procedure, with a doctor, recommended on another site. Unfortunately, I feel as if my hairline is a bit high, for my age, which is no fault of the doctor. The first transplant being a failure, with growth of 400 grafts, left me in a bad situation, so I kind of had to make do with a higher hairline. A few other doctors I have consulted, mentioned that they can get an additional 4000 grafts, so I am considering lowering the hairline as well.

Before my second procedure, I consulted Dr Wong, Dr Demirsoy, as well as the HLC, in Turkey. Dr Wong, is an amazing doctor, but from the pictures I sent, he was worried about there not being enough grafts, and mentioned only being able to extract 3500 grafts, which I knew would not be enough. Dr Demirsoy, rejected me for surgery, saying that if he extracted 3000 grafts, the donor area would be depleted. Of course this ended up not being the case, so I just think he was being a bit too cautious. HLC, was another clinic that only thought I had 3500 grafts left, and their plan was to fill in hairline and midscalp, leaving the crown bald, with the only option being an SMP

I am reconsidering the three clinics again, for my third procedure, but again I am a bit worried about them underestimating the number of grafts I can obtain, so how do I go about asking them. I don't want to say that they were wrong, for underestimating the number of grafts, the last time, since that would be disrespectful, but at the same time, I do want to make the most of my donor area.