Should i get a Fue hair transplant?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I may either need persuading or given reasons not too. after a long period of trying too stop hairloss everything kinda get sour as im incredibly sensitive to hairloss products. meaning my scalp instantly gets inflamed with topicals. finasteride/dutasteride and basically everything right now. most shampoos are hell for me. which leaves me with the hair transplant idea. maybe. as long as it doesn't make my scalp more sensitive.

I have been to talk to a hair clinic and they have told me the cost which is for 2000 and a half grafts. but the more i read about how it works, the more nervous i get by the idea. let alone the cost commitment.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Need more info then. If you can't take meds, I wouldn't go near an FUE unless you're like 35+ and you have some idea of what your final pattern is. If you're in your 20s and can't take finasteride, don't bother because you're going to need to use all of your grafts to just stay on top of it and even then it might come out poorly. Think about the cost of 7k+ grafts and the 2-3 procedures and waiting periods required to get them.

Also what is the 2k grafts for? A hairline? temples? crown? To be honest there isn't that much to be worried about an FUE so long as you don't scar very poorly and choose a top doctor and not a hair mill in turkey. Most people can still shave their heads down the line it seems, unlike FUT.

In my opinion, the ideal FUE candidate is NW2/3 and stable on finasteride, or full on NW4/5 with no extra loss in a year or two so you can actually know your donor zone & required grafts. That buys you 5-10 years with perfect looking hair at a minimum.

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure you don’t have an underlying problem with your scalp if gets that inflamed

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Need more info then. If you can't take meds, I wouldn't go near an FUE unless you're like 35+ and you have some idea of what your final pattern is. If you're in your 20s and can't take finasteride, don't bother because you're going to need to use all of your grafts to just stay on top of it and even then it might come out poorly. Think about the cost of 7k+ grafts and the 2-3 procedures and waiting periods required to get them.

Also what is the 2k grafts for? A hairline? temples? crown? To be honest there isn't that much to be worried about an FUE so long as you don't scar very poorly and choose a top doctor and not a hair mill in turkey. Most people can still shave their heads down the line it seems, unlike FUT.

In my opinion, the ideal FUE candidate is NW2/3 and stable on finasteride, or full on NW4/5 with no extra loss in a year or two so you can actually know your donor zone & required grafts. That buys you 5-10 years with perfect looking hair at a minimum.
I don't take meds. I take antidepressants for anxiety but I don't think they count.

And I'm 35 and the grafts are for restoring my hairline.

Finasteride always made my hairloss worse and gave me inflammation, so I can't use it.

Make sure you don’t have an underlying problem with your scalp if gets that inflamed

My doctor says I don't seem to have any scalp issues. I think it's more my body/immune response creating inflammation in my scalp like an allergy.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't take meds. I take antidepressants for anxiety but I don't think they count.

And I'm 35 and the grafts are for restoring my hairline.

Finasteride always made my hairloss worse and gave me inflammation, so I can't use it.

My doctor says I don't seem to have any scalp issues. I think it's more my body/immune response creating inflammation in my scalp like an allergy.
I dunno man, have you done a biopsy? How can you expect grafts to grow properly if your scalp is getting inflamed from oral finasteride?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dunno man, have you done a biopsy? How can you expect grafts to grow properly if your scalp is getting inflamed from oral finasteride?

No i have not had a Biopsy. there is just no sign of any sensitivities on my scalp. no dry skin, redness or anything. although some shampoos give my scalp itchy bumps but thats about it.

And i don't really have any other choice. I'm sensitive to minoxidil and finasteride. not that they worked before but they certainly don't work now. so a transplant seems my real only option left.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
No i have not had a Biopsy. there is just no sign of any sensitivities on my scalp. no dry skin, redness or anything. although some shampoos give my scalp itchy bumps but thats about it.

And i don't really have any other choice. I'm sensitive to minoxidil and finasteride. not that they worked before but they certainly don't work now. so a transplant seems my real only option left.
Transplant isn't an option if your scalp is going to get inflamed and reject your grafts. You could have a scaring alopecia, I would get a biopsy.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Transplant isn't an option if your scalp is going to get inflamed and reject your grafts. You could have a scaring alopecia, I would get a biopsy.
My scalp gets inflamed in the receding areas. so basically its a male pattern baldness itch. but for some reason its worsened by finasteride and certain topicals.

I use a certain shampoo called Nioxin 2 these days and it helps the itch and inflammation quite abit. but i ain't sure why it helps.