shosho's story (PICTURES)

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I uploaded 2 small photos just to you have an idea. Please, give your comments about it (taken 11/21/2004)
http://photos.yahoo.com/sh0sh0z

I'm 17 years old, and already got this huge problem. My head/hair looks like a V, but I still got every single hair, they're just too thin (velus) in the frontal area. The problem started more than a year ago, in October 2003. I went to have my hair cut, and the guy said "hey man, you're going bald". I stranged it, but he showed me some thin hair appearing, and I saw it for sure. The following monday I went to my dermatologist, and she confirmed it. But she made the biggest mistake ever. Instead of prescribing me Propecia (believe me, I wouldn't have the problems I'm having today), she just prescribed me 17-alpha-estradiol (Ell Cranell)! Isn't it amazing? No one that time would ever say I had any problem with baldness, because it was too discrete. Only the guy that was cutting my hair, because he saw it precisely and stuff. As I didn't know anything about hairloss, I used 17ae for 6 months. It was a total disaster! Most of my frontal hair went really thin.. people started noticing my hairloss. I went to my dermato again in May 2004, complaining a lot, and she said "oh ok, we need to do something" (hahaha.. look what she says). Then she prescribed me finasteride, minoxidil 5% and to keep with Ell Cranell. I thought minoxidil wasn't good (I didnt know anything about it), so I didn't use it until some weeks ago. I'm with finasteride and Ell Cranell for 6 months, and I haven't seen any regrowth or improvement, but my hairloss (seems to have) stopped completely. That's good.. I started washing my head about 3 times a day, to remove the sebum. I'm thinking about using zix too. BTW, I can't go out without a cap.
In early 2002, I did a lot of chemical stuff to my hair, and i even got dermatitis. This dermatitis went until late 2003, and even some months ago, I experienced it again. I think it has to do with my hairloss (dermatitis may help it).

I wish God to be good with me, so that my hair will become thicker..

Ok, thats it.. =)

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like me man. Im 18 and my hair started thinning like crazy at 17. I also have dermatitis and it flares up pretty often. It sucks that we're losing hair at such a young age. I've been on Propecia for 7 months now and have absolutley no results....my hair loss hasn't slowed down and more importantly no new hair has grown. I'm really starting to wonder if its NOT male pattern baldness that I have because my hair loss is diffuse on the top of my head. I've done some reading/research and found a few sources that said if your hair follicles get clogged with sebum or wax or bacteria, you can lose hair. I hope thats it and I hope that I find some good shampoo to wash that sh*t out.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
Tht's why you have to use nizoral. Btw, what's 17ae and what is that used for? never heard about it in this forum.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
17-alpha-estradiol is the active ingredient in Ell Cranell (Germany), a Galderma's topical medicine for hairloss. It seems that the 17ae 'steals' testosterones molecules and converts them into estrogens or something, so this testoterones wont be used to produce DHT. But it's not very effective. I guess it (Ell Cranell) is well used in Europe (mainly Germany). 17ae has almost no side effects. But so what if it does not help?

Hey marks, if I were you, I would use Nizoral a lot (like 4 times a week), and slow it down after 2 or 3 weeks (2-3 times a week), to ban dermatitis from your head. Man, Im almost sure that this dermatitis was the key to my hair loss starts. No one in my family (only people with more 50 years old) have male pattern baldness. My brother is almost 30, and his hair is perfect. Im only 17. =/

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Nizoral 2% for close to 4 months now and I still have pretty bad dermatitis.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and you know what's terrible? Dandruff appearing on my head now. That's fuckin why Im going bald. These stupid fungus!

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
brotha i feel you.. im 16.. gonna be 17 soon.

i had to temporarily stop my minoxidil cuz it flaked and itched my scalp like a b**ch... but its stupid to stop after 1 1/2 months when it takes 3 for results to show up... yea you should try minoxidil too.. generic is pretty cheap.

and you might want to lay off that german thing. i personally dont know anything about it but if it kills off your DHT levels... it may stop DHT from gettin to your hair but your gonna become more womanly and lose more of your manly characteristics...

ive heard some things where certain medications that raised estrogen levels gave guys like b**ch tits and sh*t.

just a thought...

good luck with ur fight agaisnt hair loss!

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, Ell Cranell doesnt have side effects. I wont become a lady or something. :wink:

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
well.. if you took it along with finasteride, you would be!

edit -

oh wait.. you are. Hmm.. not good not good at all.. Finasteride blocks 5ar which produces DHT. DHT is the antagonist to estrogen. So you have lower DHT, increased estrogen == side effects / feminizing galore. But if you have no side effects, then I suppose its ok. Each person reacts differently.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot lukenvetura. :wink: It's nice to have support from ppl. :) Btw, I'm thinking about starting to use xandrox and spironolactone.

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Hey man, im in the same boat, just 19 years old. Your pics wernt showin up, i think u need to share the albums if u want the public to see them. Good luck, stick with it.

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
shosho; from my experiance stop eating oily foods and try to lose some
weight and you will see the result in just 3 months. i did the samething and
now my scalp is healther and cleaner.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
hey shosho,

are the dates on your photos correct?

if so, you have some really good regrowth!