Shortest Hair System On The Market??

henry22

Reaction score
So I purchased a couple of hair systems that have been great although I have only ever worn them to places where people dont know me. Such as special events, concerts ect.

The reason I have not worn the system full time is that although they are very good quality and pretty much undetectable. Everyone who knows me will know I am wearing one.

This is due to me being a norwood 3 or 4 then going straight to a systeM which obviously will give me a full head of hair instantly.

The latest system I bought was a density 90 % which was less then my previous one 110% density in the hope the system will have less hair which it did. I told the salon guy to cut it short as possible. So that it looks like I have very little hair on top. But he said the system would become visible if I cut in any shorter.
which is frustrating as I want the system as short as possible.

Anyone got any experience with try to get a system cut as short as possible?
I now have another appointment and am going to insist that my hair system looks like this picture below. I dont care if the system does not last as long or that my scalp will show through it.

upload_2019-6-27_19-40-5.png

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The shortest I have ever cut hair on a system, as about 1/2" or about 13mm, and that was at the edges, sides, and back. The hair was longer, as it went higher up.

Because hair system hair is either knotted or injected, it has direction. The shorter the hair, the harder it is to control it. If the hair is cut too short, it may not lay properly, and you won't get the results you want. I actually tried doing a buzz cut on a retired unit, just for kicks. It looked, terrible.

henry22

Reaction score
1/2 " that sounds like how i would like it. mine is around 1 inch in length at the moment. I am not looking for a buzz cut as that is to short and not the style I like. However I like it to be very short. The salon guy was reluctant to take more off as he said it might not look right as in show the lace itself.

But its a catch 22 situation. If its long, people will know I have put on a piece because of the the extent of my hairloss. I want it to be convincing.

Its a risk I know to cut it very short but i have 2 systems at the moment. so if it completely screws up I can go back to my other system.

If anyone has any pictures of very short hair systems that may even resemble thinning hair please post.