Short anagen syndrome- growth solution?

Jmp1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
My 5 yr old daughter has short anagen syndrome. Her hair has a very short anagen phase and is constantly in the resting phase. Her hair still hasn't grown longer than a couple inches. She is completely healthy so I understand how selfish I sound when I say that I am worried about her being self conscious (when I should be grateful she doesn't have cancer or something like other children suffer from) but she wants long hair so bad and I don't want kids to say nasty comments to her. I read somewhere that a large majority of those who suffer short anagen syndrome never grow their hair unlike loose anagrn syndrome in which kids grow out of it at a certain age.

Are there any products out there for girls that increase the anagen phase? Any treatment I can give her to help grow her hair?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil might help. I just read a few case studies that show it can improve hair growth for this syndrome. Consult her doctor. But here’s an example:

In most cases it can improve after puberty, but unfortunately that’s not guaranteed. Personally, I’d wait until she’s a little older to see if the condition improves by itself without minoxidil.

The good thing about all this is we’re closer than ever to hair multiplication/cloning. Sure it might not be for another decade, but by the time she’s 21 it may be possible for her to grow long hair if her hair growth doesn’t improve after puberty. And there will be probably be better treatments than minoxidil along the way.