Shona's Story - (17 losing all my hair help please )

shona

Reaction score
im 17 and use t have long brown hair i loved my hair and looked after it well always gettin it trimd and re styled.

i had been noticing lots of hair falling out when brushing and washing my hair but at first i didnt think much of it untill my hair had started to get dramaticaly thiner.
then 2 weeks ago ... sunday the 27/07/08 i was sitting watchin tv and felt ma head feeling really hot so i went to the mirror and touched the burning part of my head when a huge clump of hair fell out in my hand
i got really scared and upset as i liv alone i quickly phoned my mum and she managed to calm me down. next day i got up and the same stop had got worce and was not bigger than the size of a 50p peice.i went to the hair dressers and got a short bob to try and cover this and phoned the doctor .. .

the doctor had a look and said it was alopecia. i accepted this but was very upset.

now a week on i hav lost most my hair on the top of my head and am very worried that it may not b alopecia as my head feels like pins and needles all the time. i am wearing a hat all the time and feeling very self concious..

i want some help on what to do next as i am just so confused and i also wanted to talk to other people going through the same thing as no one i talk to realy understands how down i am feeling

thank you x shona x

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: shona (17 losing all my hair help please )

The women's section of this site has basically been replaced with a separate site at:

http://www.heralopecia.com/interact

Feel free to post here, too, though, if you want to share experiences/opinions with us guys.