Shoecrazy's Story

shoecrazy

Reaction score
Starting noticing hair loss about 9 years ago. I was sitting at my desk at work and noticed strands of hair on the desk. It was just falling out without my even touching it. I'm African American so you know we run to our beauticians, right? Well I was told for years it was a phase, I needed a trim, touchup, conditioning, you name it. I am now 44 years old and running out of ways to cover up the short thin hair on top of my head. I'm wearing a headband and combing my hair back to cover up the bald spot at the crown. I use two mirrors each day before I go to work to see if I succeeded. I've tried Rogaine and every quick fix they advertise on the internet. Earlier this year I went to a dermatologist who suggested steroid shots to my scalp. Very painful, but I kept going for 6 months. When I was not getting results, she said I need to a beautician to do my hair (I had begun doing my own because they pulled out more) So I did, and that's when I lost what little thickness I had on the top of my head. I also lost my hairline in the front. So last time to a beautician, last time to dermatologist.

I'm glad to find a group who knows what I'm going through. I deal with the public a lot in my job, and this can really be a confidence killer. Tried to get a wig, but each one I order looks so fake. Does anyone know of any realist looking wigs?