Shock Loss Questions. 3 Weeks Post-op

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.

I had a hair transplant 3 weeks ago. 1700 grafts to my hairline.

I am now noticing my entire head, especially my crown, has gotten significantly thinner these past 3 weeks.

Could this be shockloss? Or is that only for direct donor and receipient areas?

My crown was no where near this bad before surgery.

Ideas?

shookwun

Reaction score
normal.

Plus, if you haven't shaved your head recently then it's going to be a complete psychological shock to how bad the state of your native hair actually is.

It was very depressing on my mind personally, when I shaved my entire head. Seeing 1 week growth, and how bald I actually am.

Stupid horse shoe is thick while the top looks bald. of course when it's grown out, you never see this though....

Shock loss can also happen after a transplant, I had it around my sides, and back as an outline around the procedure. The entire area surrounding the transplant seemed to have shock loss. Took like three-four weeks before the hair started growing back.

It all varies.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
normal.

Plus, if you haven't shaved your head recently then it's going to be a complete psychological shock to how bad the state of your native hair actually is.

It was very depressing on my mind personally, when I shaved my entire head. Seeing 1 week growth, and how bald I actually am.

Stupid horse shoe is thick while the top looks bald. of course when it's grown out, you never see this though....

Shock loss can also happen after a transplant, I had it around my sides, and back as an outline around the procedure. The entire area surrounding the transplant seemed to have shock loss. Took like three-four weeks before the hair started growing back.

It all varies.

I haven't shaved my head for years. I'm literally sick to my stomach seeing how bad it is. Hoping it gets better. Or at least looks better when my hair gets longer.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't shaved my head for years. I'm literally sick to my stomach seeing how bad it is. Hoping it gets better. Or at least looks better when my hair gets longer.

If you haven't shaved your head in years it is almost definitely not shock loss and it will get better when your hair grows out. You don't magically get shock loss in areas completely separate to the recipient area.