Shedding / thinning on sides/back. Using Finisteride/Nizoral

badhairloss

Reaction score
Hey.

I´ve been on finasteride since may 2011. When I look at pictures before I began treatment I noticed my hair was much thicker on the sides and back (no thinning at all, but I also had a little longer hair). I still use finasteride and will propably do this for 1 more year before I make a conclusion. I am a diffuse thinner, NW6 I guess.

If I continue to shed hair in my donor area there is no hope for FUE transplant. I don´t see how this can be a side effect from finasteride, maybe I am a victim of DUPA?

Both my father and mother has a full head of hair, and my grandfather on mothers side was balding, but I never met him alive, but my uncles have a typical male pattern baldness with no thinning in the donor area.

I know hair loss can be a side effect from Minoxidil, and I had to quit it for 2 month ago due to itchy scalp. My hair went extreme dry one year before I began loosing my hair, and was getting even dryer with minoxidil. Also using Nizoral shampoo frequently if this can be the reason. Any regime that helps against dry hair btw?

I did´t notice my hair loss before I was 24 due to extreme thick hair, but it became dry when I was 23. I have almost lost everything now.

Take a look at link below. I was pretty much a copy of him 4 month ago:

"After Starting Propecia, I’m Thinning on the Back and Sides Too!"
http://www.baldingblog.com/category/drugs-cause/page/4/