Shedding question

G

I have very thick course hair " like a paint brush" i have been on minoxidil for about 2 months now. My question is the hair i am shedding is very thick and course and looks very healthy so why is it shedding?

i am starting to get thinning spots since starting minoxidil.

as always thank you

G

Same here. I´m losing some hair that looks very healthy among those hairs that are less healthy. I´ve been on finasteride for five weeks and I figure I´m gonna give it a year and see what turns out.

Axon

Reaction score
Wait - are you using Minoxidil on areas that don't need treatment?

G

nope

no but i am sure some is getting on those areas, i was worried about my hair line reseding so i was putting it on there and it has gotten worse some dose get on healthy areas i am sure.

what will happen if you use it on healthy areas

Axon

Reaction score
Nothing.

If you're only losing hair on your hairline, you should not be developing "patchy" thinning. male pattern baldness is called pattern loss because, well, it appears in a pattern.

Gives us some more detail, you might just be having a freak out moment.

G

ok

here is the hole story, i noticed about a 2 months ago that my hair line at the side was sloping up a little not much so i went to my Doctor and told him my concerns. he put me on a cream 195.5 glaxal base 2% minoxidil .5 retinoic acid that i applied only to my hair line, after about a month i noticed that i was getting thinning patched down the middle of my hair at the top and especially in my bang area so i called him and he said to just start putting it where i saw the thinning areas and that i should start proscar. So i am now on month 2 of minoxidil and it is wore then ever i am shedding like a dog and my bangs are thinking like crazy especially where i put the minoxidil so i think i should stop using the cream.
aslo
I am now able to pull my hair out with very little effort is this a side effect form the minoxidil or proscar?

Thats my story my goal is to keep what i have.

Oh ya i use the cream once aday

:hairy: