Shedding On Hrt - Any One Else Experience This?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced shedding while on HRT?

I've been on HRT for the last 12 months. This has consisted of:
- 50mg Cyproterone Acetate (daily)
- 2mg Estrofem Pill (in the morning)
- 3.75g Estrogel (in the evening)

I've also been on the following for several years
- 0.5mg Avodart Pill (daily)
- Minoxidil (daily)

Over the first 10 months of HRT, my hair loss slowed down and I had some minor vellus regrowth. I also experienced the side effects of minor gyno, reduction in body hair etc. However, over the last 2 months the shedding has been unbelievable, now losing 150 - 200 hairs a day. My hair has noticeable thinned over this period. I think that the hair that I maintained over the first 10 months of HRT has now fallen out over the last 2 months and continues to do so. I'm still experiencing the side effects of minor gyno etc. and I haven't changed my meds over this period or where I source them (inhousepharmacy).

Any else experience this? Any suggestions as to what I should do or add to my regimen?

Lyn_from_UK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im guessing you have inflammation as I am becoming convinced inflammation is the sole key to hair loss.

Please try a daily massaging into your scalp of a blend of 50% Emu oil shaken to an emulsion in distilled water. You don't need much to treat an entire scalp. Its a potent anti-inflammatory and good for hair growth/re-growth in its own right.