Shedding just stoped, how long till the hair starts to grow ?

Grannh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys
I've been on finasteride for around 1 year and 3 months, never really have a big shed until November of this year.
I was losing a lot of hair which develop into a loss of density, but it just stoped around Christmas.
My question is , How long till the fallen hairs starts to grow again?

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's impossible to give you a precise timeline for when your hair will start growing back as hair growth varies depending on several factors, including:

• Individual differences: Everyone's body responds differently to treatment and healing processes.
  • The reason for your hair loss: Different types of hair loss have different growth cycles and respond differently to treatments.
  • The treatment you were using: Some treatments, like oral minoxidil, have a known "shedding phase" before new growth starts, while others might stimulate growth quicker.
  • Overall health and lifestyle: Factors like stress, diet, and sleep can impact hair growth.

However, here's some general information that might help:

• After the shedding phase: If your shedding has stopped after using oral minoxidil, it's a positive sign. This indicates that the medication might be working and stimulating the hair follicles.
  • Patience is key: It can take several months (up to 12-18 months for oral minoxidil) to see noticeable new hair growth, even after the shedding phase stops.
  • Monitor progress: Track your progress by taking pictures of your scalp at regular intervals to see if there's any visible change in hair density or thickness over time.

Consulting your doctor is the best approach: They can assess your situation, explain the expected timeframe for your specific case, and advise you on appropriate follow-up steps. They can also address any concerns you may have and tailor your treatment plan for optimal results.

Remember, it's important to be patient and consistent with your treatment plan. While waiting for new hair growth, focus on maintaining overall health through a balanced diet, good sleep hygiene, and managing stress, as these factors can also contribute to healthy hair growth.